The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Laverstock Court

Hey everyone,

I've heard Laverstock halls are the 'budget' halls and are pretty run down. I've been offered accommodation there for a bit over summer and I'm quite concerned. Is it really bad? Also, what are the room sizes? I've been told I'll be there for a bit and then moved to Lonsdale Hall. How is that in comparison?

Also, how do they compare to Darley bank?

I have friends that live in both Darley Bank and Laverstoke Court.

Laverstoke Court is a **** hole to put it bluntly. Darley Bank hasn't been open too long and is very new and all nice and plush :smile:.
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
I have only heard bad things about Laverstoke, really bad things. Lonsdale isn't really a bad halls, but because it's really far away from university it's not that popular (but there's a bus that runs every 12 minutes on weekdays). The room sizes in Lonsdale are average, there's plenty of room to put things.

Darley Bank is really nice! All ensuite (no en suite in Laverstoke or Lonsdale), bigger beds, a nice kitchen and a living room. It's right in the middle of all of the halls. The room sizes vary depending on how much you pay. I have friends who live there and they love it so much that they're staying next year! I'd personally choose Darley Bank.

Hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thanks for the replies. I decided in the end to go for Darley Bank :smile:
At the end of the day, its not the quality of the accommodation that'll make it enjoyable, it's the people you'll be sharing with. As long as you like and get along with the people in your accommodation then you won't really mind what your actual living area is like, even if it is a "****hole"

Quick Reply

Latest