The Student Room Group

AQA A2 SCLY 3/4 Help 2014

I'm taking mass media for unit 3 and crime and deviance for unit 4. i'm struggling quite a bit with both so i was wondering if anyone had any useful hints or good revision resources as the exams are not long away :frown: help please!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rosiemaryx
I'm taking mass media for unit 3 and crime and deviance for unit 4. i'm struggling quite a bit with both so i was wondering if anyone had any useful hints or good revision resources as the exams are not long away :frown: help please!!

Hi... I'm in the same boat and doing same modules as you for both! do you fancy doing some essay plans together or something? im struggling with how to structure answers properly and figuring out how long to write on each thing...
I'm really confused about the theories of crime and deviance, are sub cultural theories separate to like Marxist and func etc or are they part of them :s-smilie:
Original post by Shelbymj123
I'm really confused about the theories of crime and deviance, are sub cultural theories separate to like Marxist and func etc or are they part of them :s-smilie:

sub cultural theory branches of from functionalism. it is an expansion from mertons strain theory. because merton explains why people commit utilitarian crime (profit based) the subculturalist theories try to explain why people commit non utilatarian crime eg joyriding and graffiti
Reply 4
Original post by georgiejporgie
Hi... I'm in the same boat and doing same modules as you for both! do you fancy doing some essay plans together or something? im struggling with how to structure answers properly and figuring out how long to write on each thing...
okay yes that sounds fab :smile:
Is there even a separate Beliefs in Society thread? I'm wanting to discuss my predictions for SCLY3 but don't know where to post them? So far have been spot on with SCLY1 & SCLY2 :tongue: .. But knowing that, I'll probably get screwed for A2 haha.
Reply 6
Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai
Is there even a separate Beliefs in Society thread? I'm wanting to discuss my predictions for SCLY3 but don't know where to post them? So far have been spot on with SCLY1 & SCLY2 :tongue: .. But knowing that, I'll probably get screwed for A2 haha.

youve? been spot on with every question at AS?? haha what are your predictions for beilevs and SCLY4??
Reply 7
Any predictions guys for beliefs in society exam
Original post by rosiemaryx
okay yes that sounds fab :smile:

Ok if you haven't guessed already I don't come on here much but I go on facebook a lot so if you want to add me and do essay plans and stuff over that that'd be fine it's www.facebook.com/bringgeorgiethehorizon

also how many studies are you guys learning and what are your main crucial ones?
Reply 9
Does anyone have a basic check-list for what we need to know for Mass Media? My teacher is useless! We haven't done this topic since December because from January onwards we were taught crime and deviance. I'm am so scared that I'm going to do badly!
Original post by FIZZZY
Any predictions guys for beliefs in society exam

As horrible as it will be, I think there will be a question surrounding religion and science, as it's only come up once over the last 6 papers as a 33 marker. I don't know if it will be an 18 or a 33 but I'd prefer it as a 33 so I can avoid it and pick the other question :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by sophtommo
As horrible as it will be, I think there will be a question surrounding religion and science, as it's only come up once over the last 6 papers as a 33 marker. I don't know if it will be an 18 or a 33 but I'd prefer it as a 33 so I can avoid it and pick the other question :smile:

I really want science and religion to come up were both the opposite :P but thanks :smile: xx and do you know what UMS is needed to get an A* overall xx:smile::smile:
Reply 12
what about theory and methods any predictions for that too ?
Original post by FIZZZY
I really want science and religion to come up were both the opposite :P but thanks :smile: xx and do you know what UMS is needed to get an A* overall xx:smile::smile:

I have LITERALLY just discovered how simple answering a religion and science question is, can I change my mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

on what paper did a religion and science question come up? ... i cant seem to find it
Reply 15
I have LITERALLY just discovered how simple answering a religion and science question is, can I change my mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile

how do you answer a religion and science question?
Does anyone know of any modern functionalist sociologists that I could use in a beliefs paper if needed and would get credited for? I think Bellah is the latest one in the AQA A2 book. :smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai

What are your predictions for beliefs in society and crime and deviance? thank you
-
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
I just hope the predictions are right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending