The Student Room Group

A Level reform?

Hey, I'm going to be starting my A-levels in September 2014. As you are probably aware they are changing so that they are no longer modular, which means all the exams will have to be taken at the end of the second year. Will this apply to me or will I have modular exams and an AS level at the end of the first year?
Original post by GOKU27
Hey, I'm going to be starting my A-levels in September 2014. As you are probably aware they are changing so that they are no longer modular, which means all the exams will have to be taken at the end of the second year. Will this apply to me or will I have modular exams and an AS level at the end of the first year?

Ignore what I said previously, I've found a contradictory source from Edexcel.
(edited 9 years ago)
It wouldn't apply to you I don't think, I heard the proposed starting year was 2015 :smile:
Reply 3
I hope so as I hate linear exams!
You will not be affected by the change.
Reforms do not start until 2 year courses that begin in sept 2015 for the main enabling subjects, 2016 for some subjects (eg maths). For some subjects there has been no announcement about when they will be affected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The reform starts for humanities subjects such as English and History from 2015. Others are to follow such as Maths and Science and most Foreign Languages A-levels.

The government haven't said anything on subjects like Psychology as to what will be on the content. However, all A-level subjects to start from the 1st year of study will be a 2 year linear basis. (English will have coursework but only 20% per year rather than 40% each year).

Quick Reply

Latest