The Student Room Group
I haven't done it myself but I'm a private tutor and it's worked out well for my students. The biggest challenge is finding a local exam centre that accepts private candidates.
Hiya, when applying to university though- who does the refereeing/ target grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
A good tutor will write your reference for you amd will give predicted grades. If you have a different tutor for each subject they sgould contact each other to discuss grades, then the referee can enter them on the UCAS application. The info below is pasted from the UCAS website:

If you're applying as an individual

1. Get a reference from a teacher, adviser or professional who knows you
Either ask a tutor, trainer or employer if they'd be happy to do it if yes, add their email and phone number to the reference page, then click 'Ask referee to complete reference'. First we'll email them with a link and password to the reference page of your application, then we'll ask them to confirm their identity before writing it. (If for any reason they decline we'll let you know.)
Original post by Vicki-Marie
A good tutor will write your reference for you amd will give predicted grades. If you have a different tutor for each subject they sgould contact each other to discuss grades, then the referee can enter them on the UCAS application. The info below is pasted from the UCAS website:

Either ask a tutor, trainer or employer if they'd be happy to do it if yes, add their email and phone number to the reference page, then click 'Ask referee to complete reference'. First we'll email them with a link and password to the reference page of your application, then we'll ask them to confirm their identity before writing it. (If for any reason they decline we'll let you know.)

Here is a link to my website for more info on how to apply as a private candidate: http://www.socialsciencetutor.co.uk/about-us/information-for-private-candidates
Thankyou so much!
Holly x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vicki-Marie

Hi, I just finished my A levels and I was wondering can private tutors give reference for UCAS application and is it acceptable, if so is there tutoring centres where they'll be happy to teach and predict grades and also provide reference for people who are re taking their A levels? If so it would be really helpful.

Latest