The Student Room Group

MSc Physiotherapy pre-reg - University of Birmingham - January 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm Jack.

I know this thread hasn't been in use for over a year now, however if you get a notification on this and could reply, I would be extremely grateful!

I'm currently in my second year studying Sport an Exercise Science at Cardiff Metropolitan. I am enjoying my course however I have always wanted to become a physiotherapist. So I just have a few questions about the course etc.

1) What grades did you get? I'm currently on track to gain a first! Also do previous grades e.g. A - levels count for much during the application?
2) Dissertation in undergraduate, would it be more beneficial for me to base it on physiotherapy or something else? As I am currently going in the direction of physiotherapy based dissertation.
3) How are you finding the course post-grad? Are you in a lot? Do you have much spare time?
4) How many spaces are there on the course?

I hope you guys are thoroughly enjoying it, as I hopefully will be I can't wait!

Sorry to bring this thread back alive, it's just the place I'd really like to go and you are close to finishing first year and obviously currently do the course, so you will have the most up to date information!

Thank you so much if you can back in touch!!

Kind regards,

Jack
Reply 21
Hi Jack!

To get on the masters you need a 2:1 or a 1st
As far as I am aware, A-levels are not relevant as long as you are doing a relevant degree (which you are).

Some of us got asked about our dissertations during interview, as far as I am aware none of us had a physio-based dissertation but I guess it might stand you in good stead if you did!

Unfortunately the programme has now completely changed so I can only speak from what happened in our programme:
In the first semester we were in three times a week, then you are more or less on placement full time, this is on top of all your assignments etc.
You have six placements split across the two years, all six weeks long.

Not sure about number of spaces as it varies year to year, there are 25 of us in this cohort (but cant speak for the new cohort that started in september)

It is an enjoyable course with plenty of clinical experience :-)

Hope this helps!
Katie
Original post by KatieHW
Hi Jack!

To get on the masters you need a 2:1 or a 1st
As far as I am aware, A-levels are not relevant as long as you are doing a relevant degree (which you are).

Some of us got asked about our dissertations during interview, as far as I am aware none of us had a physio-based dissertation but I guess it might stand you in good stead if you did!

Unfortunately the programme has now completely changed so I can only speak from what happened in our programme:
In the first semester we were in three times a week, then you are more or less on placement full time, this is on top of all your assignments etc.
You have six placements split across the two years, all six weeks long.

Not sure about number of spaces as it varies year to year, there are 25 of us in this cohort (but cant speak for the new cohort that started in september)

It is an enjoyable course with plenty of clinical experience :-)

Hope this helps!
Katie

Thank you very much Katie! I wasn't really expecting a reply at all!
That is all great news, I'm just trying hard to get some experience here there and everywhere to further my opportunity as I really want to go to Birmingham!
Thanks again
If you have any tips for anything either application or like physio work or knowledge I should know like the back of my hand before, that would also be greatly appreciated!!

Kind regards,

Jack
Reply 23
Hi does anyone know what the 20 min individual task is when you get interviewed I'm a bit nervous.
Hi ! I have also applied to the Msc at Birmingham and I have the interview in 2 weeks. They said that no preparation in needed, but would love to know at least what kind of questions we may get. I assume it could be something such as why do you want to be a physio? Why do you want to study at Birmingham University? I am just assuming... Have you got any other ideas?
Reply 25
hello I'm master student and now I will to writing my dissertation in sport management with information technology .. any one have info about this topic .. pleas .... I need to help

Quick Reply

Latest