The Student Room Group

PGCE University of Sussex 2014-15

Hi everyone!

I'll be starting a German and French PGCE at University of Sussex in September - anyone else starting their PGCE in September '14?

I'm moving to Brighton from Manchester in July (for a French SKE) and wondered if any one was looking for accommodation or will generally be in the area? Seeing as I will be completely new and not know anyone it would be great to meet some new people and explore the area.

Also if this is the wrong place to post or there is already a similar thread please let me know, I'm new!

Looking forward to speaking to you all :smile:

Beckie
Reply 1
Hey :smile: I'm starting my maths SKE at sussex in July. I'm already at sussex and live in brighton :smile: it's a great place to study!!
When do you move down?

Emma
Reply 2
Original post by Em1411
Hey :smile: I'm starting my maths SKE at sussex in July. I'm already at sussex and live in brighton :smile: it's a great place to study!!
When do you move down?

Emma

Hi Emma :smile: thanks for replying! Are you from Sussex originally?

That's really cool, i'll be moving down in early July as my course starts on the 7th - eeek! Still need to find somewhere to live, do you have any suggestions?

Beckie
Reply 3
Hey

Yeah I've always lived near brighton. Great place to live. What made you choose to come down here for your pgce.

Erm I know there is right move students. Or you can go on http://www.sussex.ac.uk/students/newsandevents/smallads/?page=1

Which is a link to the student adds at uni and people advertise rooms on there that people aren't using over summer.

Hope that helps.

Emma :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Em1411
Hey

Yeah I've always lived near brighton. Great place to live. What made you choose to come down here for your pgce.

Erm I know there is right move students. Or you can go on http://www.sussex.ac.uk/students/newsandevents/smallads/?page=1

Which is a link to the student adds at uni and people advertise rooms on there that people aren't using over summer.

Hope that helps.

Emma :smile:

Oh lovely :smile: I've just always wanted to go to Brighton, all of the universities I applied to for my PGCE were down south - not too sure why, just wanted something different I guess!

I'm currently looking at an Old Rectory right near the uni for the summer, which would be soo convenient. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely check them out :smile:

When does your course start? Might see you around campus!

Beckie
Reply 5
I start on the 30th of June :smile: I haven't had any information through though have you?

Emma
Reply 6
Original post by Em1411
I start on the 30th of June :smile: I haven't had any information through though have you?

Emma

I only submitted the application for the ske course this weekend, but I haven't heard anything back today. Every time I seem to email the ITE admissions email address, I don't get a response.
Strange. Also I've just noticed on the French ske leaflet that it starts on the 5th, which is a Saturday, hopefully this is a one off ahah!

So do you live close to the uni or are you quite far away?
Reply 7
Funnily enough I had an email about my course this evening. They must just be getting round to it.

I know! They are awful. I had issues with registering and my barring check but they never replied!!

I live about a twenty min drive and I'm five mins from brighton train station so not to Far. But it's nice being near town

Emma
Reply 8
Original post by Em1411
Funnily enough I had an email about my course this evening. They must just be getting round to it.

I know! They are awful. I had issues with registering and my barring check but they never replied!!

I live about a twenty min drive and I'm five mins from brighton train station so not to Far. But it's nice being near town

Emma

Hi Emma sorry for only just replying! Been trying to find somewhere to live and now I do :smile: I'll be living in an old rectory right near the uni for the summer and right in central Brighton for year. Ahh! Also everything seems to be in place now - had my dbs and health check done, just need to wait for student finance now..

We we should definitely meet up on campus sometime :smile:

Beckie
Reply 9
Hey! I know this post is a couple of years old but I'm doing a pgce in MFL at Sussex uni starting this September and also doing ske in French in June and July. Currently live in London so need accommodation for the ske and for the pgce year!! Do you havr any advice of which which areas and where to look for pgce accommodation, it's difficult when you don't know where your placements are!!
Thanks so much for any help!!
Becky

Original post by beckieegrace
Hi Emma sorry for only just replying! Been trying to find somewhere to live and now I do :smile: I'll be living in an old rectory right near the uni for the summer and right in central Brighton for year. Ahh! Also everything seems to be in place now - had my dbs and health check done, just need to wait for student finance now..

We we should definitely meet up on campus sometime :smile:

Beckie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending