The Student Room Group

Bunions

Has anyone here ever had bunions and maybe gone through the surgery?

I have them on both feet, and have had them for a number of years now. I'm only 20 years old, I'm a guy btw, and I was just thinking about seeing my gp and maybe persuading him to let me undergo the op so they don't get worse as I get older.

They don't cause me any pain at the moment however both of my big toes are pointing inwards and it's very noticeable with the huge lump on the side of my foot. I'm very self conscious about my feet and don't like showing them so I'm always wearing socks or shoes.

Can anyone shed some light on it or recommend me anything ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Probably wouldn't go down as 'good communication skills' this but... mate, are you mental?

You want to undergo surgery on a key joint in you body (ask anyone missing a big toe how often they fall over and you'll find out how key it is) despite the fact that it's not causing you any problems?

It's not about persuading your GP, you simply won't get funding unless it is causing significant pain and you have exhausted other options. As much as your GP would love to give you the op, they won't be able to.

I'm also willing to bet your feet look very similar to many other people's feet, and if they don't and willing to bet nobody but your mother has noticed.

Quick Reply

Latest