The Student Room Group

A2 grades and uni requirements

For my courses at uni I need ABB including general studies for Loughborough and ABB For Manchester what are the chances of being accepted with ABC or less than requirements
Reply 1
Original post by Lewiswilliams22
For my courses at uni I need ABB including general studies for Loughborough and ABB For Manchester what are the chances of being accepted with ABC or less than requirements

You'll be fine with ABC...I had BCC and still got offers from Warwick (ABB, Chem) and Nottingham (AAB, Biochem) :smile: So if your grades slip a bit, you'll want a good personal statement, so with some work experience in there if possible...and you should be fine. Word of warning though...if you do as bad as I did...you'll be doing just a few retakes :wink:
Reply 2
For your final A2 grades? If you miss the offer you may not get a place, it's that simple.

They will be willing to take people who missed their offer, but it's only if they have the space for you. If everybody else meets their offer (they won't) then there wouldn't be any space, so it's usually a case of checking track ASAP on results day and if unsuccessful then give them a ring and see what they can do then. They get the results before you and take a decision then so you may see your track as successful even if you missed the grades. Otherwise, give them a ring.
If you miss your offer and track shows you have been unsuccessful, the university has already decided to reject you. Ringing is therefore unlikely (not impossible) to make any difference without a valid reason for them to change their minds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending