The Student Room Group

When do you tend to perform best?

Hi, was just wondering when people tend to perform at their best- e.g. in terms of revising and doing an exam. I find myself quite odd because when I am tired I tend to find revision easier and I tend to do well in morning exams. What about the rest of you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by sphereix96
Hi, was just wondering when people tend to perform at their best- e.g. in terms of revising and doing an exam. I find myself quite odd because when I am tired I tend to find revision easier and I tend to do well in morning exams. What about the rest of you?

Revision tends to happen between 10am and 6pm (with food breaks inbetween :tongue:), best is probably around 10am-midday :smile:

Exam times tend to not make much of a difference to me...but if I was bricking it the night before about an exam the next morning, chances are I won't have slept enough, and won't have time for a bit of a ly-in :mad:
Reply 2
Original post by Tappouni
Revision tends to happen between 10am and 6pm (with food breaks inbetween :tongue:), best is probably around 10am-midday :smile:

Exam times tend to not make much of a difference to me...but if I was bricking it the night before about an exam the next morning, chances are I won't have slept enough, and won't have time for a bit of a ly-in :mad:

Their inconsistency annoys me. I have three exams in a row next week across three days and they vary in terms of morning/afternoon exams. Inconsistency is not the best thing when it comes to exams.
Reply 3
Their inconsistency annoys me. I have three exams in a row next week across three days and they vary in terms of morning/afternoon exams. Inconsistency is not the best thing when it comes to exams.

Agreed. Last week I had 4 9am starts, next week I've got 3 2pm starts...then they just jumble it up completely :L
Reply 4
Agreed. Last week I had 4 9am starts, next week I've got 3 2pm starts...then they just jumble it up completely :L

AS exams or A2? or mixture of both?
Reply 5
AS exams or A2? or mixture of both?

Mixture, plenty of retakes in there :tongue: Retakes last week and next, then A2s are the following 2 weeks till June 20th (that day can't come soon enough!)
Reply 6
Mixture, plenty of retakes in there :tongue: Retakes last week and next, then A2s are the following 2 weeks till June 20th (that day can't come soon enough!)

I feel sorry for you. I have the 6 A2 exams and I retook a Psychology paper and I thought that was bad enough :mad:
I finish on the 17th thank God, though that's a Law paper so I'm not feeling that aha.
Reply 7
I feel sorry for you. I have the 6 A2 exams and I retook a Psychology paper and I thought that was bad enough :mad:
I finish on the 17th thank God, though that's a Law paper so I'm not feeling that aha.

Done 6 exams so far, 11 left - 3 more retakes and then 8 A2s. Didn't do great last year but I've got offers from Nottingham & Warwick which really don't want to lose, so I'm definitely up for retakes! Plus, AS seems (comparatively) quite easy now, and with subjects like Chem, I'd be revising AS work anyway for the A2s (it's quite synoptic), so doing a retake isn't much more effort :smile:

Haha similar time, don't think I know of anyone doing a Law A-Level :tongue:
I am a night time person I can't function before mid day lol but my best revision probably between 6-10pm, as far as exams I don't think I've seen a difference in morning or afternoon exams
I find that waking up really early in the morning helps. I do intense revision from after chapel until lunch then after lunch I do more chilled revision if that makes sense :s-smilie: I go to boarding school so I don't get study leave and my afternoons/lunchbreaks are usually taken up with sport here. We have dinner at 6pm and then I go into intense revision again until around 9pm. After that, I've noticed I can't really work too much (especially because of early mornings).
Reply 10
Done 6 exams so far, 11 left - 3 more retakes and then 8 A2s. Didn't do great last year but I've got offers from Nottingham & Warwick which really don't want to lose, so I'm definitely up for retakes! Plus, AS seems (comparatively) quite easy now, and with subjects like Chem, I'd be revising AS work anyway for the A2s (it's quite synoptic), so doing a retake isn't much more effort :smile:

Haha similar time, don't think I know of anyone doing a Law A-Level :tongue:

Blimey! Makes mine sound pathetic. Good luck to you! You must be all over the shop all the stress has unhinged me with 7 exams never mind 11.
And yeah its quite rare at A Level by the looks of it.
Reply 11
Original post by Elle.eve.1995
I am a night time person I can't function before mid day lol but my best revision probably between 6-10pm, as far as exams I don't think I've seen a difference in morning or afternoon exams

I can do till about 8 max but I have a dip then.
Reply 12
Original post by squidkwon27
I find that waking up really early in the morning helps. I do intense revision from after chapel until lunch then after lunch I do more chilled revision if that makes sense :s-smilie: I go to boarding school so I don't get study leave and my afternoons/lunchbreaks are usually taken up with sport here. We have dinner at 6pm and then I go into intense revision again until around 9pm. After that, I've noticed I can't really work too much (especially because of early mornings).

Yeah I've sort of changed my pattern to start doing them earlier in the morning instead. Getting a fair bit done.
I tend to perform best when under pressure. My best coursework and were produced from all nighters and I managed to score over 90% in when I had more than one exam on the same day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
When the panic sets in... :tongue:
Blimey! Makes mine sound pathetic. Good luck to you! You must be all over the shop all the stress has unhinged me with 7 exams never mind 11.
And yeah its quite rare at A Level by the looks of it.

Nah A2s are A2s...difficult, yours aren't pathetic :tongue: Thanks...yeah stress levels are through the roof...but 3 more weeks and it'll all be over. Definitely a rare one at A Level - think just most schools don't do it, though I would've done it if I had the choice.

Good luck with your exams! :smile:
Optimum revision time: midday
Best exam time: mornings, I ****ing hate afternoon exams... I lose all my momentum as the day progresses.
I can't revise when I'm tired I end up procrastinating which is what I've done for the majority of half term so my mother decided to ship me off to the library

I prefer Afternoon exams I'm not a morning person I'm more likely to make stupid mistakes in the morning
(edited 9 years ago)
first of all thank you to the creator of this thread! lol i study best at night.. like i can study a lot from 11pm to 3a.m

otherwise my life is based on procrastination :facepalm:
I prefer morning exams since I barely sleep the night before and am always too nervous and awake during the exam. Though my energy levels drop significantly as soon as the exam is over :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest