The Student Room Group

Doing an AS during A2?

I was wondering how hard it is to do an AS while in your A2 year. Has anyone done it because i was thinking of doing an AS in physics while i do Maths, biology and chemistry at A2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Depends on what you want to do, otherwise in most cases it's kind of pointless since it's very unlikely count torwards university / apprenticeship requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jkizer
Depends on what you want to do, otherwise in most cases it's kind of pointless since it's very unlikely count torwards university / apprenticeship requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

The reason i want to do it is because i am only doing 3 AS at the moment and the unis i am going to apply to want 4 AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by toonervoustotalk
The reason i want to do it is because i am only doing 3 AS at the moment and the unis i am going to apply to want 4 AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah fair enough. Go for it then. It will be slightly trickle since A2 demands a lot more practice but I'm sure you'll be fine

I'm guessing your going for something like medicine or engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jkizer
Ah fair enough. Go for it then. It will be slightly trickle since A2 demands a lot more practice but I'm sure you'll be fine

I'm guessing your going for something like medicine or engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I. Not realy sure what i want to do. I only know i want to do something in the maths or science field.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I was wondering how hard it is to do an AS while in your A2 year. Has anyone done it because i was thinking of doing an AS in physics while i do Maths, biology and chemistry at A2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Id go for it.
Quite a few people at my old 6th form did it and they all found it ok.
Reply 6
I'd imagine you'd have to sort out various course-work related things at your sixth form/college. If that's all sorted, then you should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest