The Student Room Group

HELP! I think I might have a hernia!

I am 15 years old and just started to get into working out

5 days ago I did a bit of deadlifting ( only 60kg/130 pounds so quite light ) and as usual the muscle I had worked ( lower back ) was sore the next day. I noticed a small bump on my lower back which hurts if I touch it , although I don't know if I got it before doing the deadlifts.

I can function fine , jump around , sit down and stand up with very little pain , which is why i am doubtful it is a hernia.

Today I did heavy deadlifts ( up to 100kg ) feeling no pain. I haven't felt any pain doing any of the exercises or deadlifts.

My back seems to be quite sore now though , although it is not at all painful and that's why I wanted to ask a doctor

I have acne , so could this just be "backne/cyst" or does it sound like a hernia
It's not a hernia.
Reply 2
Epidermal cyst. Look it up. It may grow in size massively and sometimes requires minor surgery. Don't pop it or tamper with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Backny cyst, haha!
Where on earth lets is a 15 year old do 100kg deadlifts?

Go to your doc mate, don't waste time here.
Original post by BlondHair

I can function fine , jump around , sit down and stand up with very little pain , which is why i am doubtful it is a hernia.

a hernia is not painful. Some people have them for years or decades.

But whatever is on your lower back is not a hernia, which is where the intestines push through a fissure in the abdominal wall (i.e. hernias occur only in the stomach and crotch).

Quick Reply

Latest