The Student Room Group

Flashed by a camera but not sure if it was me.

Just wanted to clarify something that has been annoying me for a few days.

I recently saw a camera flash in my direction. I'll give you guys a few details and would appreciate it if you could tell me what you think.

I was travelling on a dual carriageway which then dropped its speed to 40mph (clearly marked + signs for speed cameras clearly visible as well).

There were 2 cameras. One on my side of the road facing towards me and one on the other side of the road facing towards oncoming drivers on that side of the road.

I saw the front facing camera on my side of the road flash at my face at least 3 times just as I got near it. There was nobody around me besides a car that was some way behind me in the left hand side lane.

I'm 100% sure the speed limit on the road was 40mph and I'm around 95% sure I was travelling at around 35mph. I'm 99% sure I was travelling at <40mph.

The camera in question looked like one of these -> http://http://www.ukspeedcameras.co.uk/peektraffic.jpg

I'm fairly sure that it was a 'peek' camera.

I just wanted to ask, do these types of cameras flash a speeding car from the front or from the rear? I also was confused as to why it flashed 3+ times. I definitely saw 3 quick flashes. Prior to this, most I've ever seen is 2.

I just wanted to ask, what are the chances that the front facing on my side of the road was aimed at the other side of the road? I'm just a little unnerved at how it flashed at me just as I approached it....
Reply 1
Just wait a few days if you don't receive anything in the post then it wasn't for you.
Reply 2
To get flashed by a camera like that in a 40 zone you'd probably need to be going faster than an indicated 45mph. They also only 'catch' you when you're driving away from the camera, if it's pointed at you then it's for the other side of the road. Either way you're very unlikely to hear anything back from it, so don't worry about it too much.
Reply 3
Original post by Nuffles
To get flashed by a camera like that in a 40 zone you'd probably need to be going faster than an indicated 45mph. They also only 'catch' you when you're driving away from the camera, if it's pointed at you then it's for the other side of the road. Either way you're very unlikely to hear anything back from it, so don't worry about it too much.

Thanks for that. I appreciate it. I'm fairly sure I won't hear anything back but just wanted to put my mind at ease a little bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending