The Student Room Group

If you could rid yourself of one emotion what would it be?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScarletXxXRose
i'd get rid of happiness since i pretty much never experience it,
so it's useless just having it around

What's preventing you from being happy? :console:
Stress...it causes anxiety, fear, anger, worry, paranoia, and all other unpleasant things!
Takes a lot of strength to admit weaknesses. Ironically.

Anyway...I'd want to rid myself of my antisocial tendencies. Would make life a lot easier if I weren't so seclusive. But it wouldn't be as funny a life either. Life is a satire to me, and people are like cartoon characters. It's so easy to just get along with people and rely on myself but people want to talk to me most of the time but...some internalized incidents from my childhood have just made me get over the whole process of making a worthless friend. People die...y'know? :cookie:
The only one I'm really surprised at is lust!

Is lust really a big problem for people?? :giggle:
Original post by Stony Owner
Hmm, it's hard, this. I keep thinking of concepts like "egoism" and "certainty I am right", but obviously those aren't really feelings...or are they? I'm going to say they are, and that's my answer here. Egoism is my answer...a 'feeling' of ego...if that can be called a feeling.

Ah that's a good one actually, by never considering a different view other than your own you're only inhibiting your personal growth and knowledge. I suppose you could class it as an emotion, it's that feeling when something goes against what you've always thought to be true, like a feeling of confrontation.
Reply 45
Original post by Stinkum
Embarrassment. Have so many embarrassing memories that make me cringe and shake my head every day.

Ooh do tell us :tongue:
Probably jealousy. I'm pretty insecure and I'm always comparing myself to other people. I always feel like I'm not smart or attractive enough and it sucks. Having very clever friends doesn't help. It's like I can't be happy with my own achievements if I see that others have done better, it's really stupid.

Would quite like to be rid of paranoia as well, I overthink everything and I can really stress myself out sometimes.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by rainbow.panda
Probably jealousy. I'm pretty insecure and I'm always comparing myself to other people. I always feel like I'm not smart or attractive enough and it sucks. Having very clever friends doesn't help. It's like I can't be happy with my own achievements if I see that others have done better, it's really stupid.

Would quite like to be rid of paranoia as well, I overthink everything and I can really stress myself out sometimes.

I dunno, jealousy actually is quite good for me as i get the motivation to study more, dress up better ect.... So i dunno. I would probably get rid of lazyness :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quite easy really. Regret. It is the source of all depression.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by Cherx
Ooh do tell us :tongue:

Well, for example, I once sent a 7 page text message to a girl to tell her that I fancied her. Who does that? lol
I'm surprised at how many people are saying jealousy because I've never experienced it to an extent that is stronger than "oh, it would have been nice if I had what they have. Oh well."

I think the worst feeling I ever had was anxiety. I don't usually have it, but I had it before for a few months and it was absolutely shattering. I'd never want to experience it again. So if I had to choose anything, this would be it.
Hate

I can be really hateful, both to myself and others. It's what fuels my life tbh and is just leading me into an endless pit of bitterness and resentment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nothingness
Embarrassment definitely.
I have many weaknesses, flaws and emotions I don't like. But I have to learn to fight them. If I could get rid of them, I would not have been up to the challenge and other problems would appear. No, it is better to accept who you are and try channeling your flaws to positive matters.
Don't think any of them tbh, surely the advanced emotions are what make us truly human?

Although if i was forced id pick nostalgia.
Original post by lil.cherry
The only one I'm really surprised at is lust!

Is lust really a big problem for people?? :giggle:

I think it is, it can get in the way a lot.
Reply 57
Original post by Stinkum
Well, for example, I once sent a 7 page text message to a girl to tell her that I fancied her. Who does that? lol

:lolwut:

I'm sure you freaked the hell out of the girl :lol:

How did she respond :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by Cherx
:lolwut:

I'm sure you freaked the hell out of the girl :lol:

How did she respond :tongue:

She's a very classy and kind person, so she didn't make a deal out of it and never even brought it up afterwards, so I suppose I got off lightly, but still...massive cringe.

And that's still nothing compared to some of my other encounters with women. Huge, massive, gigantic cringe fest. :frown:
Reply 59
Original post by Stinkum
She's a very classy and kind person, so she didn't make a deal out of it and never even brought it up afterwards, so I suppose I got off lightly, but still...massive cringe.

And that's still nothing compared to some of my other encounters with women. Huge, massive, gigantic cringe fest. :frown:

Awhhh :hugs:

Yeah, maybe avoid the essay next time :tongue:

Wow, that was nice off her. Do you still talk to her?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending