The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No one really cares. The people who do care about your virginity aren't worth the conversation anyway.
Except for yourself who even gives a fu*k? No one cares so it shouldn't be a big deal
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

Im still a virgin (as the title suggests :colondollar:) and i was wondering if people make a big deal about this?

I've never had close to a proper girlfriend and most girls put me MAJORLY in the friendzone so i never get anywhere with girls. And with so many people saying that they've fingered a girl or had a handjob was wondering if people still make a big deal if im a virgin still at 17

Advice?

Lol definitely no, aside from a select few here I guess
I'd say no. That said, I'm also a 17 year old who has basically done nothing with a girl. It's only an issue if you wish you had already lost your virginity. I personally want to lose it to someone I fall in love with and trust. If that takes me a few more years, so be it.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

Im still a virgin (as the title suggests :colondollar:) and i was wondering if people make a big deal about this?

I've never had close to a proper girlfriend and most girls put me MAJORLY in the friendzone so i never get anywhere with girls. And with so many people saying that they've fingered a girl or had a handjob was wondering if people still make a big deal if im a virgin still at 17

Advice?

I remember my first time like it was yesterday... lost it to my hand :frown: *forever alone*
Uh, no? I'm 17 and couldn't care less about my virginity.
lol no.

There was some article in maybe the Daily Mail where it talked about some 17 year old virgin who was urging his class mates to wait (i don't even know why this was news) and there were a lot of comments like 'omg what an outstanding young man', 'so rare wow', 'never see anyone like him these days'. :rolleyes:
Reply 8
Haha no it's no biggie because I'm sixteen and I've never been kissed lol. I'm a girl btw and i wouldn't even care is a guy was still a virgin or not
Nope, I'm also a virgin at 17...don't want to be though...sigh. Most sexual thing I've ever done is rough making out. But yeah, it's not that weird and no one should make a big deal out of it. Whenever there's something you hear that other people are doing that you're not, it's easy to feel a bit left out.
No, it is not
Reply 11
Yes, it is
nah it's no biggie, seriously man :smile:

i'm a virgin and i've just turned 20.
it's more through choice than anything else - i refuse to adhere to the modern "one night stands", and i haven't had a significant relationship in my adult life yet.

obviously i feel self-conscious about it, but the difference is that i'm 20 and you're 17.
you have time man; most people your age will be virgins, so i wouldn't worry about it.

P.S: normally i don't post anon, but given the personal circumstances, i've made an exception.
Reply 13
It's an asset. I think people can do too much much to young. And the best things in life should be associated with a bit of build up and patience. Keep battling and you will get there at the right time. By the way, I imagine and hope at 17 you are still in the majority camp.
Reply 14
hahhahah not even im a virgin at 19
It's not a big deal if you don't let it. What difference does it make to anybody except YOU? Live your life for you, not others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
First of all there is no such thing as a friendzone. If you believe in it then you have created it yourself. Ultimately putting yourself in there.
Original post by Ümmm
First of all there is no such thing as a friendzone. If you believe in it then you have created it yourself. Ultimately putting yourself in there.

Off-topic, but I beg to differ. I have heard girls themselves talk about putting guys in the friendzone ON PURPOSE. It happens, it is real (although thankfully I've never experienced this myself).

On-topic: Nah OP you're normal, don;t see what you are worrying about. There are people way older than you who are still virgins. Just chill and wait for the right person to come along, you'll get there.
Reply 18
Original post by The_Dragonborn
Off-topic, but I beg to differ. I have heard girls themselves talk about putting guys in the friendzone ON PURPOSE. It happens, it is real (although thankfully I've never experienced this myself)..

Its not real. What guy would stay with a girl if his sole intentions are to sleep with her but not be friends and she doesn't want to. If he wants to sleep with her even if she doesn't feel the same but still be friends then he is called a friend. I don't see this friendzone.
Original post by Ümmm
Its not real. What guy would stay with a girl if his sole intentions are to sleep with her but not be friends and she doesn't want to. If he wants to sleep with her even if she doesn't feel the same but still be friends then he is called a friend. I don't see this friendzone.

No no I meant girls themselves do it on purpose to guys, so they can get the guy to do stuff for them etc. I've seen girls do it and heard them talk about it myself. Honestly, they know when a guy is into them but doesn't have the guts to say anything and some of them take advantage of that. Obviously the guy is the silly one falling for it, but girls do create a friendzone on purpose - they know that the guy isn't going to say anything about starting a proper relationship and so they keep up a "friendship" with the guy, because they know he thinks that she's doing him a favour.

Anyway this is really off-topic and I've already got 2 H&R strikes so I won't say any more. :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending