The Student Room Group

"Were still young" LOL no wonder society is messed up.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0xygen

Nah, a girl is born a girl for a reason and a boy is born a boy for a reason too. We all have different opinions, well that's mine. I wouldn't want my little brother wearing females perfume or turning out to be a guy that can't take a slap from another kid in school. I'd prefer having a brother that's capable of sticking up for himself and is capable of acting like a man. If you don't like what I say then thats your problem...

That may be your opinion, but it's a pretty ****ty one - watch this video http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/02/gay-kiss-what-would-you-do-_n_5432599.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false - who would you be in that situation? One of the respectable guys who sticks up for the couple, or one of the despicable people who does not; a person who just sits there and laughs whilst ORDINARY people are being discriminated against?
The posts by OP and this dragonborn guy both seem quite outrageous and more than a little bit narrowminded.

HOWEVER, I would urge people not to get dragged into pointless arguments. I expect both will change their views as they grow up a bit. Because after all...

...They're still young!
Reply 22
Original post by BlackLipBastard
In your opinion does this also apply to girls

Depends. Mostly, yes... I would prefer a girl that knows how to control her emotions than one that cries after hearing a fart.
Reply 23
Original post by e aí rapaz
The posts by OP and this dragonborn guy both seem quite outrageous and more than a little bit narrowminded.

HOWEVER, I would urge people not to get dragged into pointless arguments. I expect both will change their views as they grow up a bit. Because after all...

...They're still young!

I think you need to re-read my thread mate. Why urge people not to read it? What makes your opinion right and mine wrong?
Original post by 0xygen
I think you need to re-read my thread mate. Why urge people not to read it? What makes your opinion right and mine wrong?

The irony is strong in this one.

I think YOU need to reread MY post. I didn't urge people not to read your thread. Relax.
Reply 25
Original post by e aí rapaz
The irony is strong in this one.

I think YOU need to reread MY post. I didn't urge people not to read your thread. Relax.

"Not to get dragged into this pointless argument"... Practically saying "ignore this thread"
Reply 26
Now, I don't visit TSR often, but the amount of stupid **** I see when I do visit is amazing.

I don't think people need to conform to gender norms, nor any other sort of norms. I think people should act however the **** they want, so long as their actions don't negatively effect others. Why's it your business what others do with their lives?

If ever I had kids, I really wouldn't care if they're into stuff that isn't directly aimed towards their demographic. If I had a boy into ballet, or a girl into football... *Shrug* Just let people do what they want with their lives.

Free will and all that. Besides, being normal is for figs
Reply 27
Original post by 0xygen
There's a difference between crying and being over sensitive. Falling over or tripping, then crying because you "saw abit of blood" isn't normal.

Other examples which aren't normal:

- An adult crying because a girl insulted him.
- A teenager or adult crying after watching a cartoon in which one character dies... What?
- A teenager crying after being told off by the teacher.
- A grown adult crying after breaking up with his girl and making a fool out of himself in public.
- An 18 year-old crying after being approached by boys who got rude to him.

Acceptable moments:

- Crying after a loved one passes away.
- Crying after failing at something you've tried really hard to achieve. E.g. I've seen people cry after trying to get into professional football for years, then failing after being examined or something along those lines.
- Crying after getting a divorce. (Not making a video and putting it on YouTube, or getting drunk and crying in the streets)

Just because someone cries after something has happened, doesn't mean that it's the main trigger. For example an "adult crying after watching a cartoon where a character dies" could actually be remembering the death of a loved one.

For example, a couple of weeks after a friend died, I walked out of a biology class about decompostion of bodies. Was it because I was grossed out and couldn't handle it? No, I didn't want to think about what my friends body might look like now.
Original post by 0xygen
Depends. Mostly, yes... I would prefer a girl that knows how to control her emotions than one that cries after hearing a fart.

Why 'mostly' and not all of them
Reply 29
Original post by Doomlar
That may be your opinion, but it's a pretty ****ty one - watch this video http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/02/gay-kiss-what-would-you-do-_n_5432599.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false - who would you be in that situation? One of the respectable guys who sticks up for the couple, or one of the despicable people who does not; a person who just sits there and laughs whilst ORDINARY people are being discriminated against?

Just watched it. The teenage boys kinda did the right thing, but getting that mad over it and getting tears in your eyes is going over the top... The argument your making has nothing to do with my thread, but I would tell you what I'd do and my opinion on your question:

- I am against homosexuality and I'm not afraid to say it. I wouldn't want my brother or son to turn out gay and I wouldn't like it at all... In fact, I'll actually fight em.

- I wouldn't attack anyone or harass em because I don't like who they are or how they act. But, I wouldn't like to see anyone making out while I'm eating. Would you like me to clip my toenails while your eating? Or would you accept it if I took my shoes and socks of while you were eating? I highly doubt it... There's a limit to everything.

- I would tell the woman to stop being so open about her feelings. I wouldn't like to see people being insulted over their ethnicity or religious beliefs, so why should I sit there and watch a woman diss a gay couple. However, I would calmly tell her to stop and wont get angry at all.

- I would personally tell them to stop if they overly express their feelings...

Its not as easy as just saying "yeh ill stop the woman" or "nah I wont stop the woman"
Reply 30
Original post by BlackLipBastard
Why 'mostly' and not all of them

Females are called the "opposite sex" for a reason. Why do men and women exist if we think of em as the same people?

I think that women are more fragile than men and are more emotional, proven by science and religion. So, not everything that I apply to men is applicable to women.
Reply 31
Original post by 0xygen
Females are called the "opposite sex" for a reason. Why do men and women exist if we think of em as the same people?

I think that women are more fragile than men and are more emotional, proven by science and religion. So, not everything that I apply to men is applicable to women.

Women are not more fragile than men, you say this because men don't show as much emotion as women do, if strength is what makes men and women different is because they tend to have different interests. If women were to work out and go gym or whatever you'd like to think of it, both would be as strong. I originally agreed with your point when you said about growing up and responsibilities, but I think equality does exist at this day and time. And no I am not really a feminist if you were to think that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by ss2012
Women are not more fragile than men, you say this because men don't show as much emotion as women do, if strength is what makes men and women different is because they tend to have different interests. If women were to work out and go gym or whatever you'd like to think of it, both would be as strong. I originally agreed with your point when you said about growing up and responsibilities, but I think equality does exist at this day and time. And no I am not really a feminist if you were to think that

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not really going to list all differences between men and women. Also, why do you think that fighters are split into two categories? Its easy to say that women and men have the same physical properties, but is it actually true? NOPE.

I would think that if a Man were to go to the gym and a women were to do the same, the man would develop muscle faster, would gain strength quicker and would just dominate her in every category. So no, they don't have the same physical properties. Simple piece of evidence: Testosterone.
I am against homosexuality and I'm not afraid to say it. I wouldn't want my brother or son to turn out gay and I wouldn't like it at all... In fact, I'll actually fight em.

Jesus ****ing Christ. I hope you tell that to all your future employers, as well as any universities you apply to, prospective partners and people you meet in general.

Because, if not, you're a massive coward - and I say this as someone who's 100% straight.

Agree 100% with all the criticism of this thread.
Reply 34
Original post by 0xygen
I'm not really going to list all differences between men and women. Also, why do you think that fighters are split into two categories? Its easy to say that women and men have the same physical properties, but is it actually true? NOPE.

I would think that if a Man were to go to the gym and a women were to do the same, the man would develop muscle faster, would gain strength quicker and would just dominate her in every category. So no, they don't have the same physical properties. Simple piece of evidence: Testosterone.

Women's bodies produce testosterone too, from what I have just read you sound like you're against equality in general. And men generally have more body mass than women and that's where categorizing things starts. Men and women don't have to look the same to be treated equally. However, women are just as influencing in society as men are.
But im still young.....
Original post by 0xygen

Therefore you are suggesting that cause men are men they have to act a certain way
Original post by Jophesxi
Wow, I don't know what's more offensive, your grammar or your stupidity.

This.

http://finallyfeminism101.wordpress.com/2007/05/10/faq-but-men-and-women-are-born-different-isnt-that-obvious/
Reply 38
****ing hell there are so many men on TSR who are either naughty trolls or have a bone to pick with their own penis

I had an example but I am not allowed to say it

So what I will say is, stop telling people what is acceptable and unacceptable behaviour, you're just inspiring more Rodgers clones to emerge
(edited 9 years ago)
Joey Barton said on question time "Young people like me don't vote." Joey your 31 for goodness sake! Alexander the Great had conquered most of the known world by that age. Jesus had become the Messiah at that age!

Joey Barton you are middle aged.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending