The Student Room Group

F1 2013 TSR Racing League Thread

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TOO ENTER!

F1 2013

Every week we choose a track. You must put in as fast a lap as you can.
It works just like a normal race but with hotlaps. So if you are first, you receive 25 points and so on...

Rules:

Must be done on Time Trial Mode

You CAN tune your car to whatever level you wish

Must be a photo of your time with your name next to it - if you do not wish to give your name out, please put your name on paper and hold it beside your time.

It must show that the lap was completed without a warning.

To enter just take a photo of your time and reply here!

We are on a BELGIUM and you have until midnight on SUNDAY to get them in!

List of times:
25 Points - 1.
18 Points - 2.

15 points - 3.

12 points - 4.

10 points - 5.
8 points -- 6.
6 points - - 7.

4 points - - 8.
2 points - - 9.

1 point - - 10.

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS:

1. mickeyd85 - 233
2. MikeJohnno - 179
t_weir - 111
JayDude - 108
Motorbiker - 62
Monkey_Pete 38
Oziris - 32 (Retired :frown: )
8.Pengumile - 31
9. JamesA 28
bad8oy 25
11. sarcasmrules 26
wat a wizard 20
13. BurningGiant56 12

SIMPLE SETUP GUIDE FOR EVERY TRACK IF YOU NEED IT

Spoiler

AUSTRALIA RESULTS:

Spoiler

Malaysia Results

Spoiler

China Results:

Spoiler

Bahrain Results

Spoiler

Spain Results:

Spoiler

Monaco Results:

Spoiler

Canada Results:

Spoiler

Silverstone Results:

Spoiler

Germany Results:

Spoiler

Hungary Results:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good idea. Not sur how easy it will be to get eveyrone on at the same time for big organised races.

Maybe a weekely hotlap contest would work better?

Where a different track is used each week and everyone sets a time on it and fastest laptime wins.

This way people form multiple platforms could compete.

Not as good but is much easier to organise and a good introduction.
If you get a steady stream of people you could then organise races later on. Just an idea though but i reckon it will be more workable.

Also, i have an Xbox 360 and Pc but do not have F1 2013. Only have the older versions. If this takes off i may go grab the xbox360(only if offline as i don't have gold atm) or PC version as it'll probably be cheap.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi, I have the game on PS3 and would be happy to participate, depending on timings. Although ahove post may be correct in talking about lack of players.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Motorbiker
Good idea. Not sur how easy it will be to get eveyrone on at the same time for big organised races.

Maybe a weekely hotlap contest would work better?

Where a different track is used each week and everyone sets a time on it and fastest laptime wins.

This way people form multiple platforms could compete.

Not as good but is much easier to organise and a good introduction.
If you get a steady stream of people you could then organise races later on. Just an idea though but i reckon it will be more workable.

Also, i have an Xbox 360 and Pc but do not have F1 2013. Only have the older versions. If this takes off i may go grab the xbox360(only if offline as i don't have gold atm) or PC version as it'll probably be cheap.

Hmm. The only problem with hotlaps in my opinion is that once someone sets a super quick lap it is very difficult to beat. Also people could fake them?

If we don't have enough people signed up for the main races we will definitely move to this. If everyone knows the time and is online then it should be easy enough to have everyone online. Many other leagues manage this successfully.
Reply 4
Original post by CraigWM
Hi, I have the game on PS3 and would be happy to participate, depending on timings. Although ahove post may be correct in talking about lack of players.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks. I have other members from reddit that could also race on PS3.
Reply 5
Ok guys just submit your fastest laps for Australia!
Original post by mikejohnno
Ok guys just submit your fastest laps for Australia!

Cool. I've just gone to Steam and F1 2013 for PC is reasonably priced. :biggrin:

Downloading now. I'll set a time tomorrow/whenver this downloads and i can play.

From my past experience of hot lap contests i'm very average. Like halfway through the grid every time.

WE allowing tunes? (not sure if you cna in this game)
And is there a set mode to hotlap in specifically? as i know with some games there are different modes and in some the temperature etc changes which makes the track faster.
Reply 7
Hmm. The only problem with hotlaps in my opinion is that once someone sets a super quick lap it is very difficult to beat. Also people could fake them?

If we don't have enough people signed up for the main races we will definitely move to this. If everyone knows the time and is online then it should be easy enough to have everyone online. Many other leagues manage this successfully.

Players can take pictures of the screen showing the fastest time and post them in this thread. I was part of a forum years ago which did this on GT4 (which also allowed you to see tyres, weight, power tuning etc) to ensure everyone had the same setup etc.
Reply 8
Original post by dhr90
Players can take pictures of the screen showing the fastest time and post them in this thread. I was part of a forum years ago which did this on GT4 (which also allowed you to see tyres, weight, power tuning etc) to ensure everyone had the same setup etc.

Yep! I've changed the rules, now just have to submit a quicklap!
Reply 9
Cool. I've just gone to Steam and F1 2013 for PC is reasonably priced. :biggrin:

Downloading now. I'll set a time tomorrow/whenver this downloads and i can play.

From my past experience of hot lap contests i'm very average. Like halfway through the grid every time.

WE allowing tunes? (not sure if you cna in this game)
And is there a set mode to hotlap in specifically? as i know with some games there are different modes and in some the temperature etc changes which makes the track faster.

Updated the rules! They must be in time trial mode and they can be tuned to whatever level.
Reply 10
Here is my fastest time:

1:22.176!
(edited 9 years ago)
Have downloaded it. Need to restart my Pc before i can install so will do that in the morning. I'll probably be a few seconds off the pace. Not played racing games properly in years...
My graphics card does not support it. Daamn. It is over 5 years old. Wait, 6 next week so that's to be expected. Will go see how much the Xbox 360 version is preowned in town next week...
Reply 13
My graphics card does not support it. Daamn. It is over 5 years old. Wait, 6 next week so that's to be expected. Will go see how much the Xbox 360 version is preowned in town next week...

Oh wow :')
uploadfromtaptalk1401644019467.jpg

Not played this game in months, bit scruffy, definitely time to be had on it, but I'm getting there. Will post if I can beat it before the deadline.

1:22.093

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Reply 15
Original post by mikeyd85
uploadfromtaptalk1401644019467.jpg

Not played this game in months, bit scruffy, definitely time to be had on it, but I'm getting there. Will post if I can beat it before the deadline.

1:22.093

Awesome time. I felt I could squeeze some more time out of my lap so I'll try and beat yours!

edit: I can't see your photo
Awesome time. I felt I could squeeze some more time out of my lap so I'll try and beat yours!

There's a bug with TSR attachments atm. I would recomend using a different image hosting site and [ img ] tagging them in the mean time.

I can see this one though.

Reply 17
There's a bug with TSR attachments atm. I would recomend using a different image hosting site and [ img ] tagging them in the mean time.

I can see this one though.

Can't see that one either :s-smilie: - Must be a problem on my end.

See, I nearly didn't post this until the last minute so you had no time to try and beat it :lol: but then I thought it's more fun and we all benefit if we keep pushing each other.

Reply 19
Original post by mikeyd85
See, I nearly didn't post this until the last minute so you had no time to try and beat it :lol: but then I thought it's more fun and we all benefit if we keep pushing each other.

I went two tenths up in he first sector but then I always mess up in the second and third. This is not easy lol

Quick Reply

Latest