The Student Room Group

Geography Unit 4 Edexcel - Consuming the Rural Landscape: Lesiure and Tourism

Hey

Just made this thread so that we could discuss how prep is going for the fast approaching exam and the methods of revision that you are using as well as the different case studies that people have. Especially since we've had the pre release for a while now.

Hopefully we can all help each other out and all smash this exam at the end of the day!

Hope this helps everybody! From, eachcomingnight

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Can someone pls tell me what on-going evaluation is?
Original post by Izzi.demo
Can someone pls tell me what on-going evaluation is?

Its a mini subevaluation after every section and you just sum up the section and state the over arguement again
Reply 4
Original post by eachcomingnight
Its a mini subevaluation after every section and you just sum up the section and state the over arguement again

Thanks a lot! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 5
I went through the results plus stuff edexcel provides and it hints that if you mention how reliable the fieldwork is using keywords topical, bias, cross reference and peer reviewed you may get added points. Can someone give me examples on how i can apply these keywords and check the reliability on my fieldwork? It will be a tremendous help!
Hi, what case studies are you doing and what should the conclusion include? My teacher hasn't been much help!
I think that for this exam you want to have lots of case studies in only a small amount of detail. Instead of just focusing in lots of detail on a small number of cases
That is what the exam board actually recommends because it shows the depth of your knowledge

Well at the end of every section you want to make sure that you have a subevaluation which involves linking back to the overall question and stating your arguement again.
And you conclusion at the end of the whole essay should be about stating the overal arugement of the whole essay as well as a general summary of the whole report.

P.S Nice to see that there are some other people actually doing this topic and so we can actaully discuss it since its the least popular topic!!
I was just wondering what case studies eveyone is using and if so how many also has anyone got any idea what the question could be I've done loads of practice questions so Im just following that and practicing my structure
Reply 9
Original post by crazyfi621
I was just wondering what case studies eveyone is using and if so how many also has anyone got any idea what the question could be I've done loads of practice questions so I'm just following that and practicing my structure

Hi, I've got 5 case studies but going to use 3 in the exam.

I think the question will be something focused towards the impacts of leisure on tourism on fragile landscapes
im using 5 case studies just to be on the safe side. Btw how can u comment on the reliability of ur fieldwork? Im a wee bit lost in that part. Exam in two days!!
Reply 11
Hi, can someone tell me what they mean by fieldwork? I haven't got anything about that :s-smilie: All I've done is picked case study and linked them to models
Original post by Izzi.demo
im using 5 case studies just to be on the safe side. Btw how can u comment on the reliability of ur fieldwork? Im a wee bit lost in that part. Exam in two days!!

Yh Im using five case studies as well, about commenting on the reliability of fieldwork I've been told to evaluate the sources I collected but I'm not sure if thats right
Reply 13
Has anyone's teachers given them potential questions for this topic? :confused:
Original post by Kudz04
Hi, can someone tell me what they mean by fieldwork? I haven't got anything about that :s-smilie: All I've done is picked case study and linked them to models

fieldwork is primary data you collect on your own by visiting a site (usually some area in your country relevant to the topic) and using methodology like interviews, questionnaires etc. Now its a little too late to worry about it because we will be having our exams in a few hours time! You will lose a few marks perhaps for your methodology however if you analyse your data well you will be able to cover it. Make sure your conclusion is strong. Anyways all the best!
Original post by crazyfi621
Yh Im using five case studies as well, about commenting on the reliability of fieldwork I've been told to evaluate the sources I collected but I'm not sure if thats right

yep that's more or less what I'm doing... Commenting on how I could have improved, how valid the results are etc.
Reply 16
How did everyone find it? I thought the question was really nice!:smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Kudz04
How did everyone find it? I thought the question was really nice!:smile:

Same, the question was quite open and straightforward which was good! I just hope my argument was 'in your face' enough. :s-smilie:
The question was perfect literally the question that my teacher predicted except the word that she used was fragility and the word they used in the exam was vulnerable - so then I just switched them out.
I'm quite happy with that.
Basically just wrote everything that I memorised from the essay that I wrote my teacher marked and then I memorised.
Reply 19
Anyone else run out of time? did anyone use a specific framework? managed 5 case studies but had to bullet point one, reckon ill get marked down?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending