The Student Room Group

Department of Health Higher Executive Officer (HEO) roles

Scroll to see replies

Same - although I've passed it for an SEO role before which seems very strange. Got to admit I'm a little disappointed to be weeded out through something like that...
Original post by LucySera90
Same - although I've passed it for an SEO role before which seems very strange. Got to admit I'm a little disappointed to be weeded out through something like that...

Yeah, guess it just wasn't to be. I'm just annoyed that the form took so long and they've probably not even looked at it :frown:
It's always worth keeping a word doc with the competency examples so you can reuse if you apply for a CS job in the future though. But yes, I know the feeling - that was a long form.
I have applied. I passed the online assessment and now have an invite to the assessment center and interview. I am excited and nervous at the same time.
Newbie here *hi*
I too have an invite to assessment, a little nervous and been going through the example sent to us. The first question seems straightforward, however the second has me a little nervous! Anyone else??
I have some idea of what I would write as the email response but unsure how much to correct, I guess that's what they are testing! Also wondering what level of numerical testing will appear as there is none in the example!
My concern is the real assessment will be harder as is usually the case, and I'm already unsure of these ones! is there anywhere to practise more of these anyone is aware of at all??
Good luck to all sitting the assessment!
Phew! Assessment done! Good luck to anyone else doing this, interview remaining now!
Anyone heard anything yet? I was told it could be up to three weeks in the interview, which seems like a long time to wait!
I was told we would hear in early August, which definitely is ages away...not holding my breath for a yes though as my assessment was a bit hit and miss and I was a little hesitant in interview! I do look forward to some feedback though
Turned down after interview and assessment - fair enough, it was a strong field.

Really miffed they're not willing to give any feedback though. That, coupled with the numerous spelling mistakes in the various interview comms, doesn't really reflect very well on the DoH or Capita...
Reply 29
Hi guys, newbie to this thread so hello!

Congratulations to everyone on getting so far along, the process was pretty tough I found!

I got an email on Tuesday from Capita saying that I had been offered a position and that the HR team from the Department of Health would be in touch with more specific details within 2 weeks!
I just wondered if anyone else has had this same email?

I'm going to have to start looking for accommodation in London once we've got a start date, so if anyone else fancies a house/flat share then don't hesitate to get in touch, it'll be nice to live with some other new graduates!

Good luck everyone!
Reply 30
Anyone currently working OR applying to this position?
Anyone applied for this position in March 2017?
Reply 32
Hi
I did apply. I booked an assessment interview in Leeds for next week. I have not yet received assessment details (besides duration 2-4 hours). I am wondering if more information will be provided. I am considering contacting them.
Did you apply? Have you had any response from them?
Reply 33
Hi

I've applied for this role in march 2017! Had an email through yesterday detailing the assessment centre interview but not much on the written exercise, does anyone have any info on this at all?
Does anyone know how often these roles come up? I'm looking to move into the civil service at HEO level (probably DoH as I currently work in a health charity so seems like the most sensible transition even if I end up moving to another dept afterwards) but am not ready to leave my current job yet - will probably think about leaving by the end of the year/start of next year.

But it would be really useful to hear people's experiences of the AC and assessment process - as well as the job itself and what kind of backgrounds people who are successful have come from (in terms of experience).
Hi guys. Just found this after creating a new thread to discuss these jobs - come join us at

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4715356&p=71476078#post71476078

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending