The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Motorbiker

This is a quick reminder to not be ridiculous with excessive space taking/wumming. A reasonable amount is fine but people reserving 20 spaces for funny gifs will find 19 disappear... If you take 3 then it's cool. Be sensible.

And i didn't delete the other thread. I closed it.

Are you new here?

Well if I post it as a second post I fail to see what rule I'm braking. Pls do tell oh big man moderator.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 419
Tbf, it's a tradition.

I understand, that's why a reasonable amount is fine.

But some recent thread had one guy take like 15 out of the first 20 spots which is excessive. (It was a week or two ago, i've completely fogtotten who)

Anyway, i'm going to unsubscribe in a sec and let it run wild. Enjoy yourselves and keep it reasonably civil in here.
in
Original post by So Instinct
Are you new here?

Well if I post it as a second post I fail to see what rule I'm braking. Pls do tell oh big man moderator.

Have been a mod for over 3 years.

Recently been given football powers due to the extra amount of reports etc in here.

The rule is spamming but as long as you guys don't take the piss then it's fine. Jeez, i shouldn't have said anything... It's just last time there was a new thread there was one guy spamming to hell and then like 10 people reporting him for it. I was trying to pre-empt that. It did not work.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)

This is a quick reminder to not be ridiculous with excessive space taking/wumming. A reasonable amount is fine but people reserving 20 spaces for funny gifs will find 19 disappear... If you take 3 then it's cool. Be sensible.

i bet you're the life of the party
Reply 26
Oh ****, new mod on the scene....Someone I have never seen post in the Football forum, in my time here since 2007. GG.
Reply 27
Are you new here?

You spelt breaking wrong.
Are you new here?

Well he just said "it's a reminder" so you don't need to bark that loud

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RedArrow
Well he just said "it's a reminder" so you don't need to bark that loud

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm replying to the Orly/excessive WUMing, not the second bit anyway. Need to make sure he wasn't about to delete that post since he just closed my thread for going too far.
Hence I said "If I post it as a second post", it being the OP from the other thread.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
You spelt breaking wrong.

Indeed I did.
Have been a mod for over 3 years.

Recently been given football powers due to the extra amount of reports etc in here.

The rule is spamming but as long as you guys don't take the piss then it's fine. Jeez, i shouldn't have said anything... It's just last time there was a new thread there was one guy spamming to hell and then like 10 people reporting him for it. I was trying to pre-empt that. It did not work.

I was talking about posting my OP as a 2nd post not spamming. Spamming rule is understandable ofc.
I was talking about posting my OP as a 2nd post not spamming. Spamming rule is understandable ofc.

Oh that's fine.

It's just taking the OP is a bit far imo.

Am I the only one thinking he's got a point here? :dontknow: Everyone knows first page of a big thread here is for wumming/trolling but this thread doesn't even have that. There's about two funny posts on the first page, one word replies don't contribute anything and those ''soccer memes'' are absolutely dreadful.

Anyway, in.
Reply 34
Lets be honest So Instinct wasn't going to get away with that.
test
Reply 36
RAMIRES HAS TO ****ING GO! :fuhrer:
Reply 37
Original post by UnWise
RAMIRES HAS TO ****ING GO! :fuhrer:

Why?
Reply 38
Original post by jam278
Why?

Well I think it's a matter of who would you rather have Mikel or Ramires, because I think one of them is going to go. Now we all know Mikel slows down play etc but in terms of his actual job I think he does that very well and rarely ever puts a foot wrong. Ramires on the other hand, no creativity, can't do a simple pass 90% of the time and not to mention being a complete and utter liability in terms of the stupid red cards he gets himself. Yes he can run and is useful against some opponents but I'd rather get someone who offers more.
Reply 39
Original post by jam278
Why?

Cos my eyes bleed every time I watch him try to pick a decent pass, you feel me brother? :frown:

Latest