The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
I replied to the Walcott question without reading this, mate. Excuse the two quotes in quick succession.

The issue with Oscar is there are no obvious fits to replace him in that role - aside from the two you mention. Isco would be an amazing acquisition. I doubt Oscar will be on his way, though. He has the willingness to press from front to back, which I doubt many others could replicate. Even if they could, we know how much stock Mourinho stores in Oscar. His high-pressing makes him integral to the system really.

Mata was probably a more natural number 10, ironically, but he didn't possess the physicality to be in the side if he wasn't replacing Oscar.

Oscar's already played over 100 games for Chelsea, though. He hasn't shown any signs of improvement this season, which you'd hope was just a mere blip or an off-season. He's in danger of people thinking he's already reached his peak, though.

What may be better is, if Oscar is showing signs of dwindling in the latter stages of the season, switching Hazard to the role and bringing in a direct winger to go forward and run at defenders. Reckon that would work?

Yeah, I agree. Hazard used to play no.10 at Lille and he's had great games here when he played there for majority of the game(Spurs away 2013, Basel away) so playing Hazard there with(insert direct wingers) means that there's a new system that can be utilised.

The other option is a 4-3-3, say e.g. Matic, Schneiderlin(box to box role) and Fabregas(advanced playmaker) which gets the best out of these three.

Original post by Mackay
That may sort the Oscar conundrum, too. Switch Hazard into his role, and get him to press high and intensely, and sign a top quality winger able to directly run at defences and cause problems, as well as chipping in with a goalscoring input.

Yeah that would. I thought that would be Cuadrado as his record last season was decent but Mourinho isn't playing him so what can we do there.

Eitherway, I don't want to see Willian in the starting lineup next season.
Original post by jam277

Eitherway, I don't want to see Willian in the starting lineup next season.

Really? He impressed me for a while after Christmas. Has he struggled since then?

He seemed to up the ante following Cuadrado's arrival, and that goal against Everton really helped give you three points after an afternoon of toil.
Original post by jam277
Yeah agree with you.

Ramires+Pogba deal is a bit far fetched. Unless we're talking paying like 30M+Ramires. Wouldn't mind Bamford as third choice striker, if we got a guy like Reus he could always play up front too.

I'd give Oscar one last season too and look to rotate him 2nd half of the season. We're good at swapping and changing which is good.

Oscar hasn't had a proper break in the summer since about 2010 tbh.
2010/11 season
U20 WorldCup
2011/12 season
Olympics
2012/2013
Confederations Cup
2013/14
World Cup
2014/15
Copa America

Same arguably goes for Neymar tbh
Original post by 9MmBulletz
Oscar hasn't had a proper break in the summer since about 2010 tbh.
2010/11 season
U20 WorldCup
2011/12 season
Olympics
2012/2013
Confederations Cup
2013/14
World Cup
2014/15
Copa America

Same arguably goes for Neymar tbh

Yeah that's true. Really we should just rest him. Allow him to play his games in the world cup and not play him early on in the season, let him break into the team.

He's suffering from fatigue for sure.
Raiola is a massive cock. Guy just said Lukaku is better than Costa and is constantly talking ****.
Original post by Depleted
Raiola is a massive cock. Guy just said Lukaku is better than Costa and is constantly talking ****.

Woah pipe down lad. It's pretty clear he knows more about football than Mourinho
I think Raiola is the one who needs to pipe down. Guy be smoking on that strong strong.
Clear sarcasm Jam. Anyway he's been running his mouth off about Pogba too, him and Mendes are parasites to the game.
Original post by The Shed End
You seen Salah in Serie A. His finishing has been unreal. Walcott was like that back in 12/13 but has been awful according to your fans since he came back.

If he's not good enough for Arsenal, then he's certainly not good enough for Chelsea.

More to do with he's missed 13 months of football and is hardly getting game time. he still came back and started scoring immediately

Thought you of all people would have remembered how fickle we are :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Depleted
Clear sarcasm Jam. Anyway he's been running his mouth off about Pogba too, him and Mendes are parasites to the game.

I was using a pun saying how he's been smoking good weed.
Guys what do you think of the team? I feel, he needs rest Oscar, and try hazard Willian cuadrado

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've seen Felipe Luis and Cuadrado shopping casually in a supermarket but I'm an Arsenal fan so didn't bother asking for a picture :lol:
I like these two guys!
Oscar gives the ball away far too much, its pathetic. Willian and Ivanovic cant deliver a cross between them.
Oscar is absolute whack.
Do my eyes deceive me? We were awarded...a penalty!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?! Apocalypse has arrived.

Ah well, 1-0 up means nothing, we always lose the lead in the end.
Oscar needs a rest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stoke have offered little tbh. We aren't playing well either and are looking predictable. Go out wide to Willian/Ivan and cross. Or pass to hazard who will cut in playing in front of the defence with the odd run to the byline.
What just happened?
:rofl:
Have to admit that was a good goal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest