The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'd hate that. Hate seeing us concede goals and the last 3 games have been as annoying to watch as I can remember for a good few seasons.
Original post by jam277
Yeah if they're rejecting 38M then **** them.

Just use Loftus Cheek for homegrown rules, watch Everton's defence decline and then buy him next year if it's that bad.

I want Sakho anyway, Sakho and Zouma CB pairing would be my favourite.

Think that's inevitable tbh regardless of what happens with Stones. Martinez has never been a defensively minded manager and they're still very dependent on Moyes' defence. Howard and Jagielka are ageing, Baines is ageing and always injured, Coleman will inevitably get bought by a top club. They don't have any back up for those players either - reserve fullbacks are Galloway and Hibbert ffs. No idea who their other CBs are, do they even have any now Distin has left?
Original post by chelseafreak
the first post is you doing exactly what you attacked him for earlier i.e can't counter their point so you belittle the post.

Why would I want to counter something thats a repetition of my initial point?!

Huh?!
Original post by mhsc
Yeah when we played the high line last year we played super good attacking football but leaked goals like crazy. Like that Everton game. Honestly I'd rather see us go back to that and get embarrassed every once in a while (Spurs game).

We did play a high line against West Brom. At the start they were a bit dominant and we were hesitant to really get at them, but we still played a high line, when we scored we played very good attacking football. Even when we went 3-1 up we still tried to play higher up the pitch, which was what caused the Terry sending off, Mou usually reverts to type and either sit back/defensive possession after going 2 goals up to conserve energy but we still tried to attack them somewhat. We struggle the most against faster players now because of the system that Mourinho is trying to play, if you have noticed, the first three teams all have pacey strikers(Gomis, Aguero and Rondon) that can turn our defence.

Had we not played Zouma, we would have lost. Shame that they're trying to milk us for Stones but at that price as you say there are better targets.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9024
Original post by sr90
Think that's inevitable tbh regardless of what happens with Stones. Martinez has never been a defensively minded manager and they're still very dependent on Moyes' defence. Howard and Jagielka are ageing, Baines is ageing and always injured, Coleman will inevitably get bought by a top club. They don't have any back up for those players either - reserve fullbacks are Galloway and Hibbert ffs. No idea who their other CBs are, do they even have any now Distin has left?

Think they're in for that River Plate defender Funes Mori

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9968768/everton-close-to-signing-ramiro-funes-mori-and-leandro-rodriguez
Team v Palace: Courtois; Ivanovic (c), Cahill, Zouma, Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Diego Costa
Reply 9026
Ngl jealous of Arsenal's luck.
Reply 9027
Our bench:

16 Nunes do Nascimento

I was like who da *** is this? Turns out its that Kennedy lad we signed. Liked him in preseason but doubt he'll get minutes. Baba also there.
Acc surprised Kennedy got a work permit quite quickly. Great to see him on the bench.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9029
Yeah we used to have nonstop problems with them, then they changed the rules (to make it harder?) but somehow its gotten easier for us. Maybe we know how to game the system Idk.
Original post by mhsc
Our bench:

16 Nunes do Nascimento

I was like who da *** is this? Turns out its that Kennedy lad we signed. Liked him in preseason but doubt he'll get minutes. Baba also there.

Thought that was Ramires, same last name! Cool to see him on the bench - we don't have any other AMs on the bench as Oscar and Moses are injured.

Gonna be super fun seeing Ivanovic get absolutely shredded by Bolasie today. At least Baba is on the bench today (not that Mourinho would have the balls to sub Ivan).
(edited 8 years ago)
Puncheon / Zaha / Bolasie to run circles around Ivanovic.
That ton of block is too busy putting his hands behind his back than defending.
I swear Willian takes shots from the worst areas. All of his shots seem to be in low percentage zones. He either lacks the movement to get into good shooting positions or is simply afraid of taking the responsibility. I seriously cannot wait until Oscar comes back from injury.
Palace chance coming from Ivanovic's side. Not even a little bit surprise. We don't have the fear factor atm. Pogba would give us that fear factor.
Reply 9034
Willian loves to go for worldies. I actually think his technique is great and probably in training he bangs them in but its another matter doing it on match day
Reply 9035
Ffs Cahill keep the pressure not that ****
How is Ivanovic still starting for you he is absolute poverty
Tony Gale is such a mong
Cannot wait for Memphis vs Ivanovic:biggrin:.
Our passing is sloppier than a Lisa Ann blowjob

Latest