The Student Room Group

a level psychology

What is this subject like? I wanted to do this for AS level next year.
Reply 1
You'll hate some units and love others but as long as you learn all the content you'll do well. Its an interesting subject, go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would say have a little look at the spec, look at the topic that you might be covering, do they interest you? do you like writing essays? if so this is a good subject, if not good luck with that!

I did pretty well at AS for psychology, now its time for A2 exam on Tuesday, its a lot of pressure remembering studies and dates but overall I would say its quite an interesting one :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Wood123
You'll hate some units and love others but as long as you learn all the content you'll do well. Its an interesting subject, go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, thanks. It just seems super interesting so hopefully :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by sweetoffee
I would say have a little look at the spec, look at the topic that you might be covering, do they interest you? do you like writing essays? if so this is a good subject, if not good luck with that!

I did pretty well at AS for psychology, now its time for A2 exam on Tuesday, its a lot of pressure remembering studies and dates but overall I would say its quite an interesting one :smile:

Oh good luck! I wanted to drop it after AS though. I do like writing essays but I just don't want it to be too much to handle since the other subjects I am doing are bigger.
Depends what exam board you are but I personally love it! The AS particularly (regretting carrying it on to A2 though with the imminent exam on tuesday!) :P If you are with OCR the workload at AS isn't too bad, and the studies are really interesting too! (I don't know about other exam boards) let me know if you have any other questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Lauren___e
Depends what exam board you are but I personally love it! The AS particularly (regretting carrying it on to A2 though with the imminent exam on tuesday!) :P If you are with OCR the workload at AS isn't too bad, and the studies are really interesting too! (I don't know about other exam boards) let me know if you have any other questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I'm just wondering what units did you cover and how did you memorise all the case studies. Was there coursework or fully exam based?
Original post by sultanan09
Thank you! I'm just wondering what units did you cover and how did you memorise all the case studies. Was there coursework or fully exam based?

Well for OCR AS you don't get a choice of units, so what you learn is 3 studies for each of the following approaches: cognitive, development, physiological, individual differences, and social. You also learn research methods etc.

I found it fairly easy to memorise the studies because we spent a week on each of them in lessons so that was 5 hours of class time and we were set 5 hours of homework on them too so by the time the exam came around we had a pretty good knowledge of them already. I'd say the easiest way to memorise them is to do every single past paper question relating to the study as it is extremely rare that you will get asked a question that hasn't been asked before! (we didn't 😄)

Unfortunately though, it is entirely exam based :frown:
Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest