The Student Room Group

As and BTEC grades

Hello,I'm currently doing my as levels but as I hate it at my current school I want to re-take year 12 next year somewhere else and do a BTEC extended diploma worth 3 a levels. I was just wondering once I get my AS grades in August and If they are good can they go on an application form for uni with my BTEC diploma or can I just submit my BTEC?Also even after two years when I have completed my BTEC extended diploma can my AS grades still go on my CV with my BTEC or do you need a full completed A-level? Thanks you.
Original post by Its meee
Hello,I'm currently doing my as levels but as I hate it at my current school I want to re-take year 12 next year somewhere else and do a BTEC extended diploma worth 3 a levels. I was just wondering once I get my AS grades in August and If they are good can they go on an application form for uni with my BTEC diploma or can I just submit my BTEC?Also even after two years when I have completed my BTEC extended diploma can my AS grades still go on my CV with my BTEC or do you need a full completed A-level? Thanks you.

You have to declare all qualifications, so you will have to put your AS grades down. Whether they will be taken into account by some future university, only they can say.
Reply 2
You got to submit any AS grades which you passed. It will be kind of obvious your a retaking student anyways due to age and different schools.

You can submit AS grades on CV as well indeed, you will get certificates for them near crimbo.
Reply 3
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!
I got a conditional offer from De montfort university where i will be study business management and economics but i don't understand the grades. They want me to have a minimum of 280 UCAS Tariff points from at least 2 GCE A levels or AVCEs. So far i have achieved the following grades: Btec health and social care level 3 diploma DM, Extended project C, Btec applied science level 3 subsidiary diploma level 3 Merit which i am carrying on this year onto a diploma and hope to achieve Distinction and im also studying Btec IT certificate and im predicated an Distinction. Can someone please calculate if i have the grades or not, im getting confused and nervous!!!.

Thanks
Original post by Carmille
I got a conditional offer from De montfort university where i will be study business management and economics but i don't understand the grades. They want me to have a minimum of 280 UCAS Tariff points from at least 2 GCE A levels or AVCEs. So far i have achieved the following grades: Btec health and social care level 3 diploma DM, Extended project C, Btec applied science level 3 subsidiary diploma level 3 Merit which i am carrying on this year onto a diploma and hope to achieve Distinction and im also studying Btec IT certificate and im predicated an Distinction. Can someone please calculate if i have the grades or not, im getting confused and nervous!!!.

Thanks

I'm afraid BTEC isn't my area, but one of these should help you:
http://www.universityfinder.org.uk/ucas-points-calculator.html
http://www.merlinhelpsstudents.com/studentlife/beforeuniversity/ucas/ucaspointscalculator.asp
http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables
Original post by Carmille

Thanks

Hi, I think your best bet would be to contact the university themselves and explain your confusion. They'll be happy to explain what the offer means, and probably will be able to tell you what grade you need in the IT certificate to meet the terms of your offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending