The Student Room Group

Queen Mary vs city university London

I'm going to study computer science at city university London. I rejected queen Mary since it is in East London and just generally didn't have much feel for it.

City London offered many different scholarships and bursaries. They also have this unique scheme where you can work for 3 years in industries while doing your degree.

What I want to ask is did I make a mistake? Does rankings or Russell group universities really matter? And if I don't like city how hard would it be to transfer in second year?

Thankyou

Posted from TSR Mobile
You didn't make a mistake I study computer science at queen mary and I hate it the workload is ridiculous the lecturers don't even teach the course properly they half arse it and demand everyone get 1st because they want their department to have their funding to remain intact and if people get *****y grades they lose it.

Most of my mates are at city and they enjoy doing computer science I am good at it although I hate programming but the workload is the killer blow its too much 7-8 exams for nearly three hours long too much content to revise in such a short amount of time I made a mistake when I rejected queen mary because I since I live nearby and most of my cousins went hear they have said its better.

Ranking does matter if you look city is ahead of qm by a mile for the russel group thing that is just for unis who have an above average medical course so you don't have to worry about that.

Queen mary doesn't offer any of the good stuff like what they offer at city like the work 3 years along with your degree. To transfer to qm why its possible you would have to get everything first to transfer here I know someone who done that in the second year and he said his friend couldn't come to qm because he got 2.1 for 1 module and they rejected him so you would have to get everything above 70 make it 80% if you want to transfer but I suggest you don't you would like it at City than here.

So long story short you dodged a bullet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
how can we register and know more about its conditions and fees ?

Quick Reply

Latest