The Student Room Group

Core edexcel science

Just a quick question, if I was to get A* in physics, A* in biology but a B in chemistry with my course work an A*, what would that give me overal? I'm hoping for an A but I'm not too sure if the B will bring me down :frown: thanks for any help
Original post by Andre98
Just a quick question, if I was to get A* in physics, A* in biology but a B in chemistry with my course work an A*, what would that give me overal? I'm hoping for an A but I'm not too sure if the B will bring me down :frown: thanks for any help

Heya, I'm going to move this to the science forum for you as maybe someone can help you there.

It depends on how the marks are weighted, but I think you should be okay. :smile:
Original post by Andre98

If your coursework is an A* that means it will be 72 ums, so say you just scraped an A* in biology and physics A* and got 72 ums in both, and in chemistry you got a high B, say 62 ums you will get 278 ums which is middle/high A. You have nothing to worry about :smile::smile: For an A overall it's 256 ums and an A* overall is 288 ums.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending