The Student Room Group

Geography uni application

I am currently finishing my as exams, with the plan to apply to do Geography at university. Would anyone recommend a good work experience or extra curricular activity to do to put in my personal statement?
Reply 1
Work experience : Environment Agency, RSPB,

Could do Duke of Edinburgh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
This is quite late looking at your original post, whoops!

Work experience is not expected, but if you can get anything with your local council in their environment/planning departments, that'll look great! As the above poster said, the EA and RSPB are good too, but probably very popular. The Royal Geographical Society do a scheme for undergraduates, but I think they've discontinued their school-age work experience.

Speaking of the RGS, subscribing as a Young Geographer is a really good idea. It's only £40 for one year (maybe ask for it as a gift! :tongue:) and you get a monthly magazine and access to online journals. If you're in London it's even better, as you get entry (free!) into their Monday night lectures and discounted tickets to their other events. Highly recommended. :yep:

Apart from that, as long as you keep reading the news, and maybe dip into some books that align with your particular geographical interests, you'll be set. You don't need to go overboard, just show that you're interested! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending