The Student Room Group

britain's rape crisis

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by limetang
It DOES matter, because we need to understand what we mean by HIGH. You can't talk about the rate being high without having some general awareness of what the rates of crime in general are.

were talking about rape here, not other crimes.
Original post by slade p
first we need to ask why britain has one of the highest rape rates in the world at 28 per 100,000 people?

is it that there is a high amount of misogyny and sexism in Britain?

It does not have the highest amount of rapes in the world. It has the highest amount of RECORDED rapes.

this is because rape victims are supported in Britain and are not treated like outcasts.

are you completely stupid or something ?
Reply 42
Original post by Green Marble
It does not have the highest amount of rapes in the world. It has the highest amount of RECORDED rapes.

this is because rape victims are supported in Britain and are not treated like outcasts.

are you completely stupid or something ?

are you stupid? i said it has one of the highest amounts of rape and rape rate so read properly before you once again show what a fool you are.

this is just the official recorded cases, we don't even know like in other countries how much is not recorded.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Rebel_Chick
I agree context is important. Yes it's startling if you do all the maths but most women and in general do just fine. Normally and especially since you added the age group, women are date/statutory raped or fondled. Date raped means, there was acquaintance and familiarity with the offender and intimacy already involved in that situation. Then there's statutory rape. My minor is criminal justice and I want to do Prosecution and I know that many of these cases if not most are: a 19 yr old can get arrested and registered as an offender for being with a 17 yr old. Digest that hilarity. The extreme cases that are connotative with the word "rape" actually are the lesser assaults. And fondling is rare like how mnay times do you see a bloke riding by on his bike and pinching a women's arse? That woman was at the wrong place, at the wrong time. It doesn't happen in normal situations. The issue is far more serious in developing countries where the constitutional rights are unsophisticated if non existent and the religious practices are not ours so the behavioural standards also aren't.

lol look at you trying to act like an expert.
Original post by slade p
lol look at you trying to act like an expert.

I have no idea where you're coming from but as you've been having a go at everyone I won't react characteristically to your post. :getmecoat:

By the way whatever you got out of my post, I'm right :cool:
Reply 45
Original post by Tom78
I'm beginning to see a bit of a trend with your posts...

Is sarcasm really that hard to detect? I mean come on. :rolleyes:
If the prison population in England is around 90 000, it must mean that most people sentenced for rape are not jailed. I am a little confused at the logistics, is it about convicted rapes?
Original post by Armin.
Men need anti-rape education in school during lunchtime.

Yes, because if the tiny minority of male rapists had been taught that rape was a bad thing in school, they would have known not to do it when they did. Logic FTW! We don't have money enough to be frittering it away on useless programs like this.
Reply 48
I have no idea where you're coming from but as you've been having a go at everyone I won't react characteristically to your post. :getmecoat:

By the way whatever you got out of my post, I'm right :cool:

you usually react cheekily and rebelliously so i don't know what not reacting characteristically would mean.

as for your post, lol it was all over the place, i don't know on what basis you came out with all that but you seem to be knowledgeable about fondling.
Reply 49
Original post by Armin.
Is sarcasm really that hard to detect? I mean come on. :rolleyes:

Original post by Birkenhead
Yes, because if the tiny minority of male rapists had been taught that rape was a bad thing in school, they would have known not to do it when they did. Logic FTW! We don't have money enough to be frittering it away on useless programs like this.

:rolleyes:

I'm going to edit my post now. :rolleyes:
Original post by Armin.
:rolleyes:

Sarcasm is entirely dependent on tone of voice. If you write something on the internet there's no voice at all, so you will often be assumed to be serious.
Reply 51
Original post by slade p
yes hanging could be a deterrent but that will never happen. what needs to change is the mindset of men and the culture of rape.

yes true but also the mindset of men will never change will it? there are twisted criminals out their whos lives are so devastating that they have to rape women. I believe at the end of the day everything a person does is because of their parents. they obviously had a very bad childhood
Original post by nimrodstower
If the prison population in England is around 90 000, it must mean that most people sentenced for rape are not jailed. I am a little confused at the logistics, is it about convicted rapes?

It's reports to the police.
Original post by slade p
you usually react cheekily and rebelliously so i don't know what not reacting characteristically would mean.

as for your post, lol it was all over the place, i don't know on what basis you came out with all that but you seem to be knowledgeable about fondling.

Not reacting characteristically would mean the opposite of cheeky. It would mean leaving and saying nothing as I did. As for my post to hell with it I s'pose. Rape happens. But my main theory is as a woman hold yourself respectably and maybe it won't happen. To you, apply context, don't just go off on rough numbers.
Reply 54
Original post by Birkenhead
Sarcasm is entirely dependent on tone of voice. If you write something on the internet there's no voice at all, so you will often be assumed to be serious.

I'll keep this in mind in the future.

*Not sarcasm. :lol:
Reply 55
Original post by Hit Girl
yes true but also the mindset of men will never change will it? there are twisted criminals out their whos lives are so devastating that they have to rape women. I believe at the end of the day everything a person does is because of their parents. they obviously had a very bad childhood

very good point, good parenting by way of having good morals,ethics and values is certainly part of the solution.
Original post by limetang
It's reports to the police.

I thought that must be it. My thoughts then are, is a reported rape an actual rape, if it is, one would expect more convictions. It seems a case of false information.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 57
Not reacting characteristically would mean the opposite of cheeky. It would mean leaving and saying nothing as I did. As for my post to hell with it I s'pose. Rape happens. But my main theory is as a woman hold yourself respectably and maybe it won't happen. To you, apply context, don't just go off on rough numbers.

yes i was about to say that but seemed too obvious

yes indeed and it's wise words for a rebellious naughty girl like you.
Reply 58
Original post by slade p
very good point, good parenting by way of having good morals,ethics and values is certainly part of the solution.

thank you haha first time ive ever made a good point but this is a very good subject to debate upon
Reply 59

now here is a very good point! if girls as young as 14 don't go showing off how big their bums ... then im pretty damn sure it is highly unlikely to get raped. They are also much more vulnerable when they are wearing short skirts.

Quick Reply

Latest