The Student Room Group

Statistics 1 S1. 6th June 2014

This thread is for all those taking their S1 exam on Friday 6th of June in the afternoon.

Scroll to see replies

You use the graph. If 25 people got A then you count 25 down from 200 and you get the min mark.
Min for A in paper 1 is 10 less so add 10 to 70 And work out how many people by counting up from 165 to 200 which is 35 people gained A in paper 2
Reply 2
It's hard to answer questions that are from different exam boards when you haven't learnt about that topic
Reply 3
Original post by lllllllllll
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/59971-question-paper-unit-4732-probability-statistics-1.pdf

I can't do question 2) (iv) on this paper. I don't know how you're meant to work it out when they haven't defined the value of X.

Basically it's asking what the probability of getting the two values adding to 3, so you would either get 1,2 or 2,1, so find the probability its 1, P(X=1), then find the probability it's 2, P(X=2), then multiply these, however because it can be 1,2 or 2,1 times the total by 2. You should get P(X=1)=0.2, P(X=2)=0.16, 0.2x0.16=0.032, multiply that by 2, =0.064.
anyone know any resources after having done the papers on the OCR website?
scared for this paper, aint even started revising yet smh
Reply 6
xtremepapers they got old spec papers. just do the questions on your syllabus?
Lads, I predict a question on probability

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
When it comes to regression which numbers define moderate/strong/very strong etc correlation? Past exams seem to withhold marks for using the wrong word and I can't find anything on it in the book, am I supposed to use my own judgement?
Original post by Lookovertherez
Lads, I predict a question on probability

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are the chances of that? See what I did there...? Oh, forget it
anyone got any resources for probability
Good luck you all! Anyone got any great resources?
Reply 12
probability of A is 0.70 that john attends an event
probability of B is 0.55 that mary attend an event
probability of A and B is 0.45 is that john and mary attend the same event

what is the probability of
that either john or mary or both attend a particular event?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Jojoestar
When it comes to regression which numbers define moderate/strong/very strong etc correlation? Past exams seem to withhold marks for using the wrong word and I can't find anything on it in the book, am I supposed to use my own judgement?

probability of A is 0.70 that john attends an event
probability of B is 0.55 that mary attend an event
probability of A and B is 0.45 is that john and mary attend the same event

what is the probability of
that either john or mary or both attend a particular event?
Does anyone has the June 2013 markscheme?
Reply 15
Original post by Marthajones123
Does anyone has the June 2013 markscheme?

It's on the AQA website: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-MS-SS1B-W-MS-JUN13.PDF
[QUOTE="mike256;47975920"]It's on the AQA website: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-MS-SS1B-W-MS-JUN13.PDF[/QUOTE

I meant OCR
Reply 17
Original post by brocklehurst95
What are the chances of that? See what I did there...? Oh, forget it

Ahaha after hours of revision I'm ashamed to say that actually made me laugh! Ahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Marthajones123

Sorry, this is an AQA thread.
Original post by R-123
Ahaha after hours of revision I'm ashamed to say that actually made me laugh! Ahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha don't be ashamed, it's the least I could do. Let's hope we'll be laughing after the exam tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending