The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
cazhorsey
Ive been away a week and have missed loads ! lol...im in RVC to! yey!!! im in mary brancker to! have you got any flat numbers or anytin like that? lol

Not that I know of... where did you find yours? I am excited and nervous. I ent to ikea today to buy plates ooooooooo
Reply 41
OH room B flat 223 block B crazy
Reply 42
northern_lass
your on the 4th floor (dont worry theres a lift!) out of 5 floors, in block A, which means u dont have to walk accross the patio to get to ur flat! which is good, coz it seems like theyv stuck most of us second years in b block!

I am in B block what does this mean!? Am I on the ground floor then, patio?
cazhorsey
so wot do we do the week of the 18th if freshers is on the 24th? is that like the moving in week or sumat?

if your in mary branker, you can get your keys and move in from the 18th. your term starts on the 25th Sept, ours (2nd years) starts the week after, but i think most of us will be back for freshers, starting the 24th
-sophie-
I am in B block what does this mean!? Am I on the ground floor then, patio?

ok, ill explain mary branker.

its in two blocks, A and B. You go into the entrance which is in A block, and there are leather sofas and a plasma screen tv etc. then you go through the doors and there is the lift up to the flats in A block. They are floors 1-5, the first number of your flat number is your floor number (ie. flat 311= third floor).

If you are in B block, you have to go in by the entrance in A block, then up a floor, and out onto the patio. It a nice open bit between the two blocks on the second floor, its got picnic benches, quite nice! you cross the patio to get into B block, and there is a lift in B block for the B block flats, again on floors 1-5.

flats starting with 1 are on the ground floor (i think, i dont actually no anyone on floor 1 from this year!). floor 2 is on the level of the patio and anything else is above.

the keys are key fobs, and work on the main door, the door from the common area bit, your flat door and your room door (1 fob for all of these.). If you are in A block, your fob does not work to let you into b block, but b block obviously can get to a block coz they need to get to the patio.

there are 3 flats on each floor in each block. most of the flats are flats of 7, mostly first years in these. there are flats of 6 aswell, but i think there are mosty second years in these, and flats of 4, which i think are postgrad flats, but i could be wrong and you could be in any of these!!

the laundry is in a block, which yes, means u have to traipse your washing accross the patio if your in b block!

So far, the flats of 2nd years i know of, are in A block, 3rd floor (1 flat of 6) and B block 5th floor (2 flats of 7, my flat being one of them :smile: ). there are more but i dont know who they are yet!

Tessa, if ive got any of that wrong, plz correct me as iv only been a college grover, and so have only visited mary branker and stopped at friends flats there!
Reply 45
Oh so I am sort of on the ground floor? Is it noisier only I am the worlds lightest and most grumpiest sleeper! haha
-sophie-
Oh so I am sort of on the ground floor? Is it noisier only I am the worlds lightest and most grumpiest sleeper! haha

its on the ground floor kind of yeah, its one floor up but the level of the patio. i dont know how noisy it is there, coz iv only slept on the 3rd floor and 4th floor, but i think youl b ok. if your in room b i think it faces away from the patio, so its not too bad!
Reply 47
hey..nearly there northern lass :biggrin: only there are no flats actually on the ground floor...thats the reception and laundry area and stuff..so the flats on the patio level (first floor) are the ones beginning with 1.. (not 2 as u guessed)

so sophie if ur flat begins with 2...then ur on the 2nd floor...and i think whether u face onto patio or not...if ur in room B depends on which flat ur in..... but yeah urs should b facing away from patio and over a road lol.....londons always a bit noisy im afraid....try ear plugs mayb if u really cant sleep thats what one of my friends resorted to.....especially seeing as there are ALWAYS building works/road works going on outside ur window it seems!!!!

but yeah Mary Brancker is a really nice building and a bit maze like...some of my friends thought....but u get used to it V. quickly.....much quicker than i got used to the key fob things!!!!

oh by the way northern lass if ur in my room the window stilllll leaks a bit (onto the desk) ive told them like a billion times this year and theyve fixed it like at least 6 times or something :rolleyes: but yeah its not nearly as bad as used to b...flooding my desk and destroying my stuff *grrrrr* but yeah watch out!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 48
northern_lass
if your in mary branker, you can get your keys and move in from the 18th. your term starts on the 25th Sept, ours (2nd years) starts the week after, but i think most of us will be back for freshers, starting the 24th

so shud we go down on the 18th or 24th???
I've already booked my flight for the 19th, so that I have a little time to get settled before freshers starts...
I need a phone and a bank account!:cool:
lil Angel
so shud we go down on the 18th or 24th???
move in whenever you want to, id be there for the 24th tho, coz i really enjoyed that night at the goose last year, plus u need to be in for registration the day after.so whenever you want really!
tessa
hey..nearly there northern lass :biggrin: only there are no flats actually on the ground floor...thats the reception and laundry area and stuff..so the flats on the patio level (first floor) are the ones beginning with 1.. (not 2 as u guessed)

so sophie if ur flat begins with 2...then ur on the 2nd floor...and i think whether u face onto patio or not...if ur in room B depends on which flat ur in..... but yeah urs should b facing away from patio and over a road lol.....londons always a bit noisy im afraid....try ear plugs mayb if u really cant sleep thats what one of my friends resorted to.....especially seeing as there are ALWAYS building works/road works going on outside ur window it seems!!!!

but yeah Mary Brancker is a really nice building and a bit maze like...some of my friends thought....but u get used to it V. quickly.....much quicker than i got used to the key fob things!!!!

oh by the way northern lass if ur in my room the window stilllll leaks a bit (onto the desk) ive told them like a billion times this year and theyve fixed it like at least 6 times or something :rolleyes: but yeah its not nearly as bad as used to b...flooding my desk and destroying my stuff *grrrrr* but yeah watch out!!!!!!!!!!!

ooo, i was close! good guess tho! hehe!

it leaks!!! o dear! rite, laptop being put away from now on then!!
Reply 52
well the desks are HUGE...so if u keep it far away from the window to one side u should b ok ..its just the stuff immediately under the window that i always forget bout until they get drenched......(my desk is always so messy its usually completely covered)
Reply 53
freshers is later then i first thought, hmmm well that can't be helped can it. friday night at koko eh? So from the 18th to the 24th people are just moving in and getting their stuff together right?
mawi99102
freshers is later then i first thought, hmmm well that can't be helped can it. friday night at koko eh? So from the 18th to the 24th people are just moving in and getting their stuff together right?

sounds about rite! im moving in on the 18th, then going home n moving the rest of my stuff on the sat. freshers is from the 24th!
are you sure that freshers is on the 24th? because on our intial paperwork with 1st terms timetable, the freshers week was written as the 18th and course started 24th.

harriet
yep, we all got emails about freshers, we got the timetable from the social sec. you can move in from the 18th, but freshers only starts on the 24th. it was the same last year. trust me, im a second year!!:evil:
Reply 57
cazhorsey
so wot do we do the week of the 18th if freshers is on the 24th? is that like the moving in week or sumat?

Hey i'm a 2nd yr. Last yr i got there a wk before freshers n in that wk i got to know my flat mates n london. It's th perfect time to go explore london coz u'll b too hung over to go round during freshers wk! So jealous i want to b a fresher again! Btw definatley join a sports club, initations r th best! U wont remember any of it but there will b some v funny stories! Prepare ur liver now!
Reply 58
bit of a random one but are we allowed to have excitin wellies or is green the must have???:frown:
i no you have answered this qu b4 but i dont understand!if we have freshers on the 24th do we still go to these intros scheduled for the 27-29????sorry!!just stressin!
Reply 59
koool! it all sounds like amazing craic, im going down to MB on ta 18th so ill use tat week, ooo i got my welcome pack this morning!! finally! lol

Latest

Trending

Trending