The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Life in Manchester.

Hello, I am an EU citizen and from September I will be attending the UoM "Science with an Integrated foundation year" course. I would like to ask what it's like to live in Manchester. Is Manchester a beautiful city? Can I find places, like big parks full of nature?
Original post by Dr.Quantum
Hello, I am an EU citizen and from September I will be attending the UoM "Science with an Integrated foundation year" course. I would like to ask what it's like to live in Manchester. Is Manchester a beautiful city? Can I find places, like big parks full of nature?

Like all cities, Manchester has its pretty bits and its not so pretty bits! There are some beautiful buildings, ranging from the really old (e.g. Town Hall, Whitworth Hall, John Rylands Library) to the really new (e.g. Beetham Tower) and everything inbetween.

In terms of parks, there are definitely parks here :yep: The ones that that are most convenient for students are Platt Fields Park and Birchfields Park. Platt Fields has a boating lake, the Gallery of Costume, trees, grass, skate park, bmx track, tennis courts etc. Birchfields Park has a stream, football pitch and lots of grass. They're both pretty big parks (you can have a look on google maps) and really nice places to have a wander :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending