The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Adult nursing interview through extra

I originally applied for midwifery butafter receiving a U I decided to apply for adult nursing through Extra. So I sent my new personal statement to admissions and have an interview on the 25th June! :smile: I was just wondering whether I would still be having a group interview as I applied through Extra ? Or whether it would just be a 1:1 interview with the lecturers. Any info or advice would be appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I have also just applied through extra. How long was it before you were offered an interview?
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
Ive applied through extra aswell. Sent personal statement today. Im going to open day thursday.
What is ucas extra? Do you have to pay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thestars
What is ucas extra? Do you have to pay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you are put into extra if you have no offers or have not accepted a place.
Reply 5
I've also applied through extra... going to the open day tomorrow. Looking forward to it, heard nothing but good things about the university.
Reply 6
i think maybe they will wait till after tomorrow to send out more interviews as my email said if you were going to apply they strongly advise you to go to it...well i hope
Reply 7
Original post by jen1981
i think maybe they will wait till after tomorrow to send out more interviews as my email said if you were going to apply they strongly advise you to go to it...well i hope

Also on the email I got last week, it says

Come to our next open day on Thursday 26th June 5.30 - 8.00 pm at our Shrewsbury campus to discuss your qualifications and possible interview date
Reply 8
Im looking forward to it aswell...nervous...but cant wait just hope I/we get in.
Reply 9
Had to miss this as got stuck at work.. :frown:

If anyone who went/is going finds anything out about interviews etc please let me know!
Reply 10
Hi is was very much like a normal open day. They said apply through extra and if anyone is successful for interview. They are going to be held 1st aug. They said the morning is group discussion/task which you will be scored against (6 cs) and then if successful will be an individual interview in afternoon.
Reply 11
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 12
Your welcome
Reply 13
I've been offered an interview on the 1st August :smile:
I got rejected because my personal statement on ucas is for midwifery and even though I sent them a revised one they said I still want midwifery. I'm gutted
Reply 15
Ye similar position. I originally tried midwifery and my personal statement let me down for this. Though ive applied to wolverhamton they have adult places for jan start. They said you could apply either extra or through clearing. Just hoping they only take into account new personal statement only.

Well done for interview
Reply 16
I'm surprised to hear that because my five choices were all for childrens nursing, so my personal statement was based around this but they accepted a new updated one for my adult application.
I am totally committed to adult nursing now, I know its what I really want to do and I was hasty in applying for midwifery.
Reply 18
Would you be able to apply for a january start?
Reply 19
Its a pain. I rushed my application as my nephew was in hospital and unfortunately passed away. I wasnt going to apply but got it in just. Now few months has passed I want it more than anything. Hope my personal statement is good enough this time round. Wolverhampton said should hear back within a week or so when I spoke to them this morning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending