The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

How lenient are Nottingham University if I miss my grades for the IR+Global Issues?

I firmed Nottingham University's offer of AAB for Msci International Relations and Global Issues. The prospectus originally states that the entry requirement would be AAA but I applied anyway with my AAB and was over the moon with my offer. But I just had an awful exam, and I think I'm more likely to get ABB. What is the likelihood of Nottingham being lenient and letting me stay on the course? I really want to go it looks like an amazing course in a fab city. It says they only take in 25 on the course so is it unlikely I'll get the place? Any advice/comments about it welcome!

Thank you!
ABB is actually the magic set of grades as universities can recruit as many students as they like who achieve ABB+ (or equivalent in other qualifications) - http://www.hefce.ac.uk/whatwedo/lt/h...studentgrades/

Other than that, it's hard to say how likely it is that you'll still be accepted, because it depends on the number of offers made per place this year, how well those students perform, how well students perform nationally, amongst other things.

Plenty of people don't meet their offer and are still accepted (I'm one of these people, computer science at Nottingham) and you're still ABB+ for Student Number Controls, so I'd say you stand a fair chance.

Anyway, just concentrate on exams etc for now and let the admissions process run its course!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DarkWhite
ABB is actually the magic set of grades as universities can recruit as many students as they like who achieve ABB+ (or equivalent in other qualifications) - http://www.hefce.ac.uk/whatwedo/lt/h...studentgrades/

Other than that, it's hard to say how likely it is that you'll still be accepted, because it depends on the number of offers made per place this year, how well those students perform, how well students perform nationally, amongst other things.

Plenty of people don't meet their offer and are still accepted (I'm one of these people, computer science at Nottingham) and you're still ABB+ for Student Number Controls, so I'd say you stand a fair chance.

Anyway, just concentrate on exams etc for now and let the admissions process run its course!

Thanks for your help!
Do you know if they would let me in with ABC? My exam today went so badly it's actually awful.

I'm so worried that I won't get in, I love nottingham and I can't see myself anywhere else!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what's the protocol on results day if you miss your offer? Do you wait for the uni to respond or do you call up straight away?

Thank you!
Original post by selinakhan18
Thanks for your help!
Do you know if they would let me in with ABC? My exam today went so badly it's actually awful.

I'm so worried that I won't get in, I love nottingham and I can't see myself anywhere else!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what's the protocol on results day if you miss your offer? Do you wait for the uni to respond or do you call up straight away?

Thank you!

It really is hard to say. I was let in well under my offer, and I know plenty of people who were let in below offer as well, but there's no many variables that change each year, it's not something anyone except the admissions teams can predict.

Concentrate on exams and doing the best you can for now and what happens will happen :smile:

There's a pretty solid guide to results day here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Guide_to_A-Level_results_day. The only bit I disagree with is not phoning your Firm if it goes to 'Unconditional', as in my case it turned out the department had actually made an error and had meant to give me an offer!

Basically, if you miss your offer it will either turn to 'Unconditional' which means they've accepted you, or 'Unsuccessful', in which case phone up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending