The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Best Lancaster accommodation for my course?

hey guys, im going to be studying Software Engineering at lancaster uni. what would you guys say the best accommodation would be for me? im aware that Lonsdale is apparently the best accommodation to pick but im not that sporty, i only really play pool/snooker and cricket-- typical :P
Reply 1
Picking a college doesn't determine much about your experience other than what each college offers for the initial freshers week (and the odd outings later in the year). I picked Furness because the location was pretty central for my lectures (biomedical science), rent was affordable (standard accommodation) and it's typically 4-8 in a flat that share the kitchen, which is more manageable than some of the other colleges... You shouldn't feel too pressured into going for a "sporty" college considering most people that actively want to participate will join the societies that offer their interests! Just keep it simple and think about where you would -like- to live as opposed to what each college may or may not represent. Good luck, OP!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Jamflex
Picking a college doesn't determine much about your experience other than what each college offers for the initial freshers week (and the odd outings later in the year). I picked Furness because the location was pretty central for my lectures (biomedical science), rent was affordable (standard accommodation) and it's typically 4-8 in a flat that share the kitchen, which is more manageable than some of the other colleges... You shouldn't feel too pressured into going for a "sporty" college considering most people that actively want to participate will join the societies that offer their interests! Just keep it simple and think about where you would -like- to live as opposed to what each college may or may not represent. Good luck, OP!

which ones would be the sporty ones?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending