The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex 2006 - who's who?

So now we pretty much all know whether we'll be starting at Sussex this September it would be quite nice to see who everyone is and where they'll be living when they find out.

So.. if you're starting this September tell everyone in here and, if you'd like to, add your name, age, course and accommodation (this can be updated for everyone who doesn't yet know when we find out) and I'll make a nice big list in this post :biggrin:

I'll get the ball rolling!

SUSSEX 2006

Squirly - Sarah, 18, Psychology with Management, accommodation unknown
Mrs Rickman - Natalie, 18, English, accommodation unknown
ladyportacabin - Natalie, 23, English, Park Village 06E
Redluc - Luc, 18, Intellectual history, Kent house
lauren! - lauren, 19, politics, lancaster house
Wise One - Justin, 19, 2nd Year, Anthropology and International Relations, acommodation unknown
musicalfruit - Anna, 18, Media Practice and Theory, accommodation unknown
Jessica!! - Jessica, 19, Politics & Economics, accommodation unknown
Abbie - Abbie, 20, Human Sciences (2nd year), living off Elm Grove near sainsburys
zoea85 - Zoe, 20, Psychology, accommodation unknown
katylalala - Katy, 17 (18 tomorrow!) English, accommodation unknown
Bah! Work! - Chris, 18, Mathematics and Management Studies, accomodation unknown
rachielanglit - Rach, 18, English, accommodation unknown
*Rhiannon* - Rhiannon, 18, English and Philosophy, accommodation unknown
ledge - Rob, 26 , MusicInformatics, living off Elm Grove near sainsburys.
fine crystal - rowan, 18, english, accommodation unknown
millbrook85 - Heath, 20, English, York House
Jens - Jen, 18, Media studies, accommodation unknown
JayC - Jimmy, 19, Media and Cultural Studies, Lewes Court 32C
Lydia - 19, second year History. Lived in Holland House last year and living on Coombe Road (off Lewes Road) now.
hantsbay - Phil, 18, Sociology L301, accommodation unknown
soulofanewmachine - Mark, 18, History with Languages (German), accommodation as yet unknown
j_991 - Kate, 21, Physics with Foundation year, accommodation unknown
misslibby - Libby, 20, politics 2nd year, and also living just off Elm Grove
dangerousdanp - Dan, 19, economics and development studies (6" 2, rugedly goodlooking) lewes Court confirmed
thenaughtyjoker - Dan, 19, and will be studying B.A. Media Practice and Theory, Brighthelm 10R2
janisjoplin - Nora, turning 21 in september, Media Studies and Languages(French ab initio and Spanish), accomodation:colone:ast Slope 001I
stosie - Steph, 18, Mathematics, Accomodation unknown
Captain Power - Martyn, 18, Politics & Economics
lkdynes - Louise, 18, Geography and International Relations, Accommodation Unknown
Pepaim - Lisa, 19, 2nd year, politics and IR, living on Upper Lewes Road, Brighton (first year Park Village 26F!)
sdawood - Shamir, 18, English and Drama, Accomidation unknown.
*Lesley* - Lesley (whodathunkit?), 24, American Studies, Accomodation Unknown (hopefully not East Slope-I need my sleep!).
SussexJo - Jo, nearly 22, lived in 5 Park Village in my first year, graduated Media Studies 2005, USSU Activities Officer 05/06, currently working in the Activities Centre
lemonllama - Nicki, 18, Multimedia & Digital Systems, accommodation unknown
Cinders - Lucy, 18, going to be doing English Language and Linguistics....I'm not living in Uni accommodation
Catherine0004 - Catherine, doing a Pre-medical course, I'm 18 and so far homeless!
Sambista - Marie (20), anthropology. staying in Kent House.
HelsBels - Helen, 18 but will be 19 by the time we get there!, going to be doing English, and no accomodation at the moment!

Scroll to see replies

Mrs Rickman - Natalie, 18, English, accommodation unknown.

PS Squirly, if it helps at all, i also did worse in the subject i want to do my degree in - i got Cs in the 2 exam modules for English, i was just lucky that i got full marks in my cswk and a high A at AS, but it went right down to a low A which was really disappointing. But nvm - we'll prove the A-level examiners wrong in 3 years time when we graduate with firsts :wink:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Oh good, I'm glad someone else has had that! And damn right, I will go to the head office of AQA myself :biggrin:
Ladyp - Natalie, 23, English, Park Village 06E :biggrin:

Congrats to you two for getting in!
Reply 4
You willing to detail non-Freshers too?
Reply 5
Wise One
You willing to detail non-Freshers too?

yeah, why not - more the merrier! :biggrin:
Reply 6
lauren! - lauren (i know its a very original user name eh?), 19, politics, lancaster house!!! :smile:

btw do u guys know when u find out ure accomodation?
Reply 7
Wise One - Justin, 19, 2nd Year, Anthropology and International Relations, acommodation unknown (aaargh - got three more house viewings tomorrow.)

I'm also going to be a student mentor in SOCCUL. So, if any of you freshthings are doing either Anth or IR and having problems, I'll be someone to hunt down...for the 2 hours / week I'm manning a desk. :biggrin:
Howdy!! I'm Anna, 18. Going to study Media Practice and Theory. As yet, have NO idea about accommodation :frown:
Reply 9
lauren!
lauren! - lauren (i know its a very original user name eh?), 19, politics, lancaster house!!! :smile:

I was in Lanc House 070 last year. Good times... :rolleyes:
Reply 10
Jessica (yep same - totally original username), 19, Politics & Economics, accommodation as yet unknown (any idea when I'll find out?).
you should find out mid september some time. Where did you apply?
Reply 12
Abbie - 20, Human Sciences (2nd year), living off Elm Grove near sainsburys. I'm going to be doing LifeSci induction week things so if you're in that school i'll probably see you around during freshers week!
redluc
Redluc : Luc (shock!), 18, Intellectual history, Kent house.

How about pics of ourselves too perhaps so we can spot eachother??

Would be good to put a name to a face for some sort of drunken identification to take place.

You first!
Reply 14
UCAS still haven't updated my thing because of a **** up by the lovely ***** at my joke of a college but I have made the grades so they can't reject me so here goes:

Zoe, 20, Psychology, accommodation unknown
Reply 15
good mermington
you should find out mid september some time. Where did you apply?

1st choice - Lewes Court
2nd choice - Park Houses (I think? Can't actually remember...)

I really don't mind where I get put at the moment though, I just want to know!
Reply 16
Wise One
I was in Lanc House 070 last year. Good times... :rolleyes:

oh cool! :smile: how good were these times? nice place to live?
Happy birthday for tomorrow!
Just found this:

Sussex Uni

When will I know where I will be living?
Details of your housing allocation will be sent to you as follows:-
Undergraduate students holding an unconditional offer - details posted during late July/early August
Undergraduate students holding a conditional offer - details posted during late August/early September
Postgraduate students - details posted between May and September.
Reply 19
Ooh good plan:

www.myspace.com/typewritten

There are pictures there, etc.

Latest