The Student Room Group

A2(6th June English Lit Revision) HELP!!!!!! Eng lish lit students.At college or Uni

I am studying
The Tempest and Dr Faustus
for part A
and for section B
William Blake's" songs of E and songs of I"
The Exams on Friday morning
What should I do to prepare,Im finding it difficult to revise all Im just doing is re reading the text from part A,I havent even started for part B.
Original post by 061194
I am studying
The Tempest and Dr Faustus
for part A
and for section B
William Blake's" songs of E and songs of I"
The Exams on Friday morning
What should I do to prepare,Im finding it difficult to revise all Im just doing is re reading the text from part A,I havent even started for part B.

Make essay plans for as many themes as you can possibly think of. You'll then notice that you start using particular parts of the play and particular poems for almost essay plans and therefore these are obviously the key parts you know. Then write out a plan on how to analyse those particular key points making sure you hit all A0s and have some critical opinion in there. By now you will have studied these parts several times and should remember most of the plans.

Then write essays first open book under timed conditions, doing this will help you learn how to manipulate the question to fit the themes you want. For example I always relate Blake to social criticism and Tempest and Faustus to overindulgence and the flaws of humanity.
Then learn the plans thoroughly and begin doing essays closed book but under timed conditions to enforce this in your memory.
Finally do them under exam conditions and get people to mark them.

In essays I always pick from the following in Tempest:
Opening scene with boatswain
Caliban rape scene
Antonio and sebastian plot
Steph Trinc and Caliban plot
The masque
Prospero we are such stuff as dreams are made on
Isle is full of noises
Gonzalo perfect society

Blake poems I always use are:
The Lamb, Garden of Love, The Tyger, London, The Sick Rose, Night, Little Boy Lost/Found, The Chimney Sweeper and Little Black Boy.

thats just me though, hope this is helpful

Quick Reply

Latest