The Student Room Group

CCEA Chemistry A2 2 3rd June 2014

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="bigman888;47936361"]
Original post by amandaliu816
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA i drew a little monster :mwuaha:instead of the actual structure cos i have no clue, does it replace?[/QUOT

I just put something down within the last 2 minutes hahah I said no as it would lead to a decrease in entropy which isnt favourable..

Said they were both hexadentate, so glad that paper was done haha, last exam to go next week! :smile:
Such a horrible paper I hated every second of it :'(
Don't remember exactly but i got CCCAB for 6-10 and I think DD for 1 and 2. Dont remember 3-5 at all :P

As mentioned above, the questions limited to course content were good but the suggestion/synoptic aspect of the paper was ridiculous. Compared to past papers, there was so, so much of it and it was very tricky.
Really cannot tell how I have done at all because there are maybe 10-20 uncertain marks hiding in those questions. Might get them, might not: just depends exactly what the markscheme says :smile:

Pity they can't write papers consistently from year to year and not have to scale like crazy to make up for it : A21 was scaled down over 10 marks in some places which is just ridiculous imho

p.s. I don't think that 'thing' displaces EDTA. It has 4 COOH groups like EDTA, lone pair on Nitrogen and I presume the sulfur in the ring has 2 lone pairs.
(edited 9 years ago)
My A2 1 was scaled down 30 marks so..
'Beautiful paper' shut up lol. Such sickeners.
Last years paper was soooo much easier!! Never seen as much 'suggest' questions in my life. So annoying!
Why did yous say the CH2 groups didnt interact?
Original post by megan_edwards
My A2 1 was scaled down 30 marks so..
'Beautiful paper' shut up lol. Such sickeners.
Last years paper was soooo much easier!! Never seen as much 'suggest' questions in my life. So annoying!

It was beautiful compared to A21.
That was bad :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by kendellex
It was beautiful compared to A21.
That was bad :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

A21 was a gift compared to that!
Original post by carla123

We shall have to agree to disagree (;

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by kendellex

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess so! Hopefully scaling will be favourable regardless:smile:
Original post by carla123

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bigman888
Why did yous say the CH2 groups didnt interact?

No electrons available for reaction, all electrons occupied in covalent bonds

Posted from TSR Mobile
No electrons available for reaction, all electrons occupied in covalent bonds

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont think it meant literally, sure they are already bonded. I said because they are in the same chemical environment as each other
Dont think it meant literally, sure they are already bonded. I said because they are in the same chemical environment as each other

Well don't think about it anymore! It's done nothing I can change haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well don't think about it anymore! It's done nothing I can change haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true Mandy, very true.
The CH2 groups are equivalent.
Just like the 4 CH3 groups on TMS which produce a singlet

Yeah I said the same as you.

Thought that paper was horrific, needed ~65% to get an A and I doubt I even got that
Very true Mandy, very true.

I think last year it was 98/120 for an A* if that's right, so perhaps the same or 100/120, I'm slightly worried about next weeks haha😵hopefully it'll get scaled up like C3 in January 🙏🙏🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rusty1407
Yeah I said the same as you.

Thought that paper was horrific, needed ~65% to get an A and I doubt I even got that

True Rusty ma man..
Youll get it ok if the marks are scaled well enough,
What did you get for multiple choice?
I think last year it was 98/120 for an A* if that's right, so perhaps the same or 100/120, I'm slightly worried about next weeks haha������hopefully it'll get scaled up like C3 in January ������������������

Posted from TSR Mobile

You going for an A* big dog Mandz?
True Rusty ma man..
Youll get it ok if the marks are scaled well enough,
What did you get for multiple choice?

1. D
2. D
3. the one with P at the end
9. 0.127g
10. B
C for benzene/nitrous acid one

Cant remember the rest but i got 5 C's. What about you, maybe you can help refresh my head after it's been thoroughly fried haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending