The Student Room Group

As exams were disastrous - what now?!

Hi,

The title is NOT an understatement but in fact mirrors exactly how I am feeling.
I just finished my AS exams and they were AWFUL! I see no chance of receiving a B let alone an A (which is what I need for Dentistry).

I'm don't know what to do now. Would I benefit from resitting the entire year or should I resit just some of the modules? The issue that I'm most concerned about is resitting the modules from AS and mucking up my A2 as it is more compact and detailed, especially Chemistry.

Any advice will be very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Original post by itsdifficult
Hi,

The title is NOT an understatement but in fact mirrors exactly how I am feeling.
I just finished my AS exams and they were AWFUL! I see no chance of receiving a B let alone an A (which is what I need for Dentistry).

I'm don't know what to do now. Would I benefit from resitting the entire year or should I resit just some of the modules? The issue that I'm most concerned about is resitting the modules from AS and mucking up my A2 as it is more compact and detailed, especially Chemistry.

Thank you.

Hey, sorry to hear you're feeling this way. You don't actually know how disastrous they were until you get your results back. :smile: So I would wait until then before making any decisions. :smile:

Either way, it's not a complete disaster so you don't need to worry. :smile: If it turns out you need to resit the year that's totally fine. :smile:

So don't stress! :hugs:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by itsdifficult
Hi,

Thank you.

I suggest the first thing you do is calm down, I doubt you did as bad as you think, since results can be very unexpected and I advise resitting some modules if anything:smile:
Reply 3
I agree with OP- take a deep breath, try some yoga, and realise that exams can be very, very deceptive. There is time to evaluate your options after results day, and even if you didn't do as well as you might have wanted, there are a lot of options open to you (and people in the same boat).

Quick Reply

Latest