The Student Room Group

What is the worst injury you have had?

has anyone here had any really bad injuries?

for me - just a few cuts and bruises - once playing football and tripped over my laces and cut my knee also my mate stabbed me with a pen and caused a cut to my shoulder - but i could have had a serious injury when i climbed a tree and nearly fell out.

Scroll to see replies

broken nose. torn tendons.
Once fell knee first on a kerb. Hurt like...
Reply 3
Rode a bike into a barbed wire fence had cuts all over my body but nothing bad!
Broke my wrist at the skate park, what a muppet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by wanderers
has anyone here had any really bad injuries?

for me - just a few cuts and bruises - once playing football and tripped over my laces and cut my knee also my mate stabbed me with a pen and caused a cut to my shoulder - but i could have had a serious injury when i climbed a tree and nearly fell out.

Shattered elbow.. couldnt bend my arm for over 2 months, luckily i was younger when it happened so i didnt have those...needs or urges...
Reply 6
3 cracked ribs from excessive coughing when I had pneumonia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Coccyx. Dear God. Could barely move for months.
6 breaks in my pelvis including a completely ruptured and dislocated sacroiliac joint. The scans looked bad, apparently it was a whole lot worse when they operated..! Whole thing was completely unstable and is now held together by a mass of metalwork. Incredibly lucky that I can walk and lead a relatively normal life on a general day to day basis.
Broken leg.
Broke some vertebrates in my spine. Avoided transecting my spinal cord by a couple of millimetres... Always get back pain when my tummy hurts or when I'm stressed. Will have back pain for the rest of my life now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Broken wrist. I had to have the bones reset & had my hand & forearm in plaster for about 3 months. I'm right handed so the hardest thing was having to do everything with my left hand.
Reply 12
Testicular torsion.

Also broke both knees at same time in a separate incident.
Broken nose, dislocated shoulders, elbow, knee, ankle, fingers and toes, torn meniscus, and partially torn ACL. Yeah, I'm just a bit accident prone... :colondollar:
Shot in the foot playing paintball in the summer, when the balls are harder. My toe still gives me jip years later. Very painful fracture.

Torn ligaments in my leg doing martial arts when I was a teenager that also plays up a lot especially when I cycle.
Torn eardrum which was also infected. I had a cold, sneezed too hard, then suddenly had the worst pain ever, and the pain and tinnitus kept me awake for nights (and I have a very high pain threshold). Other than that, broken toes, but that's about it, surprising considering how clumsy I am...
Hairline fracture to the elbow when I was 7/8. I wasn't even remotely phased and was delighted that I got to have a cast that all friends could draw on. Other than that 3 stitches to my right index finger because I emptied a bin and somehow caught my finger on a can of dog food with the lid attached.

Thats it really.
Probably a 'fracture' in my left elbow when I feel on ice... When I was nine or when I slammed a cupboard on my pinkie accidentally... I don't injure myself really :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
During my first week at uni, whilst waiting for a pizza to cook, I tried to open up a bread knife out of its packet, using another sharp knife - and stabbed myself in the hand in the process. Luckily it wasn't that bad and just needed a few stitches, but a rumour spread around halls within days that I did it for 'fun', and I got approached by the on site halls manager to ask how I was. A few months back I had to still correct someone on what actually happened.

Not my worst injury by a long shot, but easily the most amusing. Such a fresher/first time from home problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Surprisingly for someone as accident prone as me, I haven't ever seriously hurt myself. I got a concussion from headbutting the wall while I was sleeping and spent the next 2 days in bed in agony but that's about the worst I've done.

Original post by Mushi_master
During my first week at uni, whilst waiting for a pizza to cook, I tried to open up a bread knife out of its packet, using another sharp knife - and stabbed myself in the hand in the process. Luckily it wasn't that bad and just needed a few stitches, but a rumour spread around halls within days that I did it for 'fun', and I got approached by the on site halls manager to ask how I was. A few months back I had to still correct someone on what actually happened.

Not my worst injury by a long shot, but easily the most amusing. Such a fresher/first time from home problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm trying to work out the relevance of the pizza. Did it burn while you were getting the stitches, did someone else eat it while you were gone, what happened? :tongue:

Quick Reply