The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Banking & Financial Services Fair

Hey everyone.

I have a conditional offer for the LSE MSc in Accounting and Finance.

Obviously, I'm very interested in the LSE's Banking & Financial Services Fair that will take place Tuesday 14 and Thursday 16 October 2014.

Here's the link:

https://careers.lse.ac.uk/Employers/Careers_fairs/Banking_and_Financial_Services_Fair.chpx

Is this for everyone or only a few? The sentence "This highly successful and popular event provides recruiters with direct access to the best finalists and postgraduate students at LSE" is not very clear.. what are the best finalists?

As an offer holder, am I guaranteed a place for every event (the main fair, specific events such as workshops,etc...) or do I already need to signup?

Thanks
Original post by swissstud
Hey everyone.

I have a conditional offer for the LSE MSc in Accounting and Finance.

Obviously, I'm very interested in the LSE's Banking & Financial Services Fair that will take place Tuesday 14 and Thursday 16 October 2014.

Here's the link:

https://careers.lse.ac.uk/Employers/Careers_fairs/Banking_and_Financial_Services_Fair.chpx

Is this for everyone or only a few? The sentence "This highly successful and popular event provides recruiters with direct access to the best finalists and postgraduate students at LSE" is not very clear.. what are the best finalists?

As an offer holder, am I guaranteed a place for every event (the main fair, specific events such as workshops,etc...) or do I already need to signup?

Thanks

It's open to all students via the careers service at the start of next year, you just have to book in advance as it will fill up (predominantly with masters students) - it does every year.

That sentence doesn't mean anything as far as I'm aware, they're just trying to make it sound good and it's probably lifted from the information they send out to the banks etc.

Hope that helps.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Outsanity
It's open to all students via the careers service at the start of next year, you just have to book in advance as it will fill up (predominantly with masters students) - it does every year.

That sentence doesn't mean anything as far as I'm aware, they're just trying to make it sound good and it's probably lifted from the information they send out to the banks etc.

Hope that helps.

Thank for your reply.

What do you mean by "you just have to book in advance"

lol, so do I have to do something or not? Is it urgent, should I do it right now?
Thank for your reply.

What do you mean by "you just have to book in advance"

lol, so do I have to do something or not? Is it urgent, should I do it right now?

Noooo, I'm talking like a few weeks or so before, I don't even know when the booking opens but I've never had trouble when booking a couple of weeks or so prior. Thing is, these events are so close to the start of term the majority of people haven't even thought about applications/events/networking yet so you can get in relatively easily as long as you're astute.
Reply 4
ahh, gotcha, thanks.

I heard from someone that it's better to start applying even before you start at the LSE because most summer internship programs open the applications as early as August/September..
ahh, gotcha, thanks.

I heard from someone that it's better to start applying even before you start at the LSE because most summer internship programs open the applications as early as August/September..

It's true, some places start interviewing mid-late August and even give offers as soon as early September so if you want to give yourself the best chance get on it early; but quite a substantial number of people (at least in my experience) don't do this and wait until term starts and then realise that everyone else is applying/has applied so they better do it too :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
ah ok, good to know, thanks.

So is the LSE career fair just a room full of company stands and people that give you pens and mugs or does it go a bit further?

Do you signup/apply for internships at the fair?
Are there workshop type events where you can impress the recruiters?
Typically, do you hand out your CV or is everything done online?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending