The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds students here who have just finished their first year, how has it been so far?

What are the positives and negatives you have come across?
Hey!

Leeds is AWESOME. I feel so lucky to be in a city that seems to be growing at such a rapid speed, there's new shops and restaurants opening constantly and the nightlife is great.

Positives would be I feel like it's almost like London on a smaller scale, transports really simple and efficient, everything in the city is in walking distance and pretty compact, there's always new places and nights out to try out, there's literally something to suit everyones interests. Also it's so heavily student populated that a lot of businesses are suited for the student audience.

Negatives... actually hard to come up with any. Maybe the weather? But I guess you'd expect it from the north! I haven't actually had any issues since living here, quite frankly I never want to leave!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Charbucks
Hey!

Leeds is AWESOME. I feel so lucky to be in a city that seems to be growing at such a rapid speed, there's new shops and restaurants opening constantly and the nightlife is great.

Positives would be I feel like it's almost like London on a smaller scale, transports really simple and efficient, everything in the city is in walking distance and pretty compact, there's always new places and nights out to try out, there's literally something to suit everyones interests. Also it's so heavily student populated that a lot of businesses are suited for the student audience.

Negatives... actually hard to come up with any. Maybe the weather? But I guess you'd expect it from the north! I haven't actually had any issues since living here, quite frankly I never want to leave!

Same here!

I am from London but I am loving living in Leeds. I love the university and I am really enjoying my course.
Reply 3
Hey guys, was wondering how the public transport is in Leeds and whether there's something similar to London's Oyster Card? Thanks!
Original post by wyhu
Hey guys, was wondering how the public transport is in Leeds and whether there's something similar to London's Oyster Card? Thanks!

Cash only on busses. Post office sells monthly and annual passes.
I moved to Leeds last September to study BSc Radiography, and despite my placement being elsewhere, I love it here! The public transport is actually really good, and quite cheap centrally. There are trains from here to everywhere, there's plenty of things in the city centre, too. We've got cinemas, plenty of restaurants and pubs, plenty of varied shops etc.

I'm not so sure about the nightlife scene, as it's not really my thing, but apparently it's pretty good according to friends. Not only that, everything is pretty much only 30 minutes walking distance (usually), and if not, the buses will be able to get you there.

The clubs and societies are also great too, and Leeds student union is the best going. I'm part of the Taekwondo society (and 2014-2015's Captain) and I've been to a few other clubs and they are really well ran from what I've seen.

I can't think of any negatives.... unless you don't like wintery weather, but as it's already been said, this is the North of England, it's to be expected!
Hi I am interested in studying nursing at Leeds uni. But since you have mentioned that your placements are far. How far were they from leeds as I may need to travel far for some placements? And do you get to choose the location of your placements? And in your opinion do you think I should apply to the university of Leeds even if I could apply to other universities that offer placements that are much nearer and easier for me to travel? (Sorry for asking all of those questions) you answer would be appreciated:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest