Mad_mc_52 (Natalie) - Law
ws271 (Will) - French and Arabic
Steve_M06 (Steve....or Leggy!!!) - Mathematics
KMantle (It's gotta be Pip, it really has to)- Biological Natural Sciences
innit (Emily) - Theology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Congrats on meeting your offer :biggrin:

I'll be doing natsci and will be there for this induction thing as well (when does everybody else start?)
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
I'm in for Economics. But i dont think i have the priviledge of an extra week in college! I'm sure you will love it!
Reply 3
I'm in too. International Relations. I'll be arriving on the 29th. Where are your rooms? I'm in St. John's Rd.
Reply 4
s2000
I'm in too. International Relations. I'll be arriving on the 29th. Where are your rooms? I'm in St. John's Rd.

How do you know? I assumed i would be in Cripps because i had to fill out a form to say which room 'i would like.'

EDIT----

By the way, what subject group is Internation Relations in? Are you applying as a postgrad?
Reply 5
I'm James, I'm in for Geography, I think I come down on either 30th September or 1st October.
Reply 6
Hey guys!
Im Tom and Im arleady at Johns... in fact Im on the JCR so Ill be there to welcome everyone up!
Did college write to you and tell you to come up on the 26th?
I have to be there before everyone else and I have no idea when Im going to head back down :s-smilie:
Well done everyone who got in! John's is amazing, as you will see!
Reply 7
toto8462
How do you know? I assumed i would be in Cripps because i had to fill out a form to say which room 'i would like.'

EDIT----

By the way, what subject group is Internation Relations in? Are you applying as a postgrad?

I am doing a postgrad, so I will not be living on-campus. IR is a subject group of its own, I do not actually know whether its related to SPS in any way. Its hosted by the Centre of International Studies.
Reply 8
cool_guy769
Hey guys!

Did college write to you and tell you to come up on the 26th?

Hey Tom, why the 26th? College did not write anything like that to me, so I will pop in on the morning of the 29th.
s2000
Hey Tom, why the 26th? College did not write anything like that to me, so I will pop in on the morning of the 29th.

It's a specific thing for science subjects (Maths, Eng, NatSci, Med and VMed, I think). Does anybody know what it will actually involve?

Hi, I'm Sammy, and I'm going to be arriving on the 26th to do Biological NatSci.

Regards.
Reply 10
Ditting Suck
It's a specific thing for science subjects (Maths, Eng, NatSci, Med and VMed, I think). Does anybody know what it will actually involve?

Hi, I'm Sammy, and I'm going to be arriving on the 26th to do Biological NatSci.

Regards.

Heya!!

I'm Louise and I'm coming on the 26th too to do phys natsci
Reply 11
Hi I'm James and coming up to do French and Spanish. Again got the letter about Cripps and arriving on 30th September or 1st October. Does anybody know how you find out which of the two yet?
Reply 12
Wingador
Hi I'm James and coming up to do French and Spanish. Again got the letter about Cripps and arriving on 30th September or 1st October. Does anybody know how you find out which of the two yet?

Its purely optional. Remember there is first halls on sunday night, so i am going up on the saturday. What letter did you get about cripps, and when did you get?
Reply 13
Thanks for that I was a touch worried, i never expected to even get an offer let alone that it would be confirmed.
The letter came back in March time when they asked you to express preference on bedsits/ sets and smoking/non.
As for the option of when you arrive do you have to inform college, perhaps when you send that UCAS form back with the unit grades questionnaire or is it merely a matter of turning up?
I'm also already at John's... Alex, about to start second year studying History. I've been told that the 1st is the date I should be going back but all this has scared me...

Huge congratulations to all of you coming up this year. It can be a bit frantic at first but Freshers week is great and settles you in well. John's is a great college (the best in fact...) and you will soon feel at home.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday and see you soon!
Clematis
Heya!!

I'm Louise and I'm coming on the 26th too to do phys natsci

A girl?! Doing Physical?! It'll never catch on!

Heya to you too - can't wait to meet you next month! :smile:

Sammy.
Ditting Suck

Regards.

To be honest I have no idea why you guys are coming early! Nor what we are going to do with you?! I guess you get a longer freshers week which is way cool! It doesnt really matter what day you get back 29th/1st... But last year we had a massive house party on the first night. All the Johnians will want to see eachother again so I guess we will have another! Loads of freshers came last year, so you may want to be there for that.
Reply 17
Hey guys,
I'm on the JCR too...hi TOM! It's Laura! didn't realise you were on here. You are going to be so glad you have chosen Johns :smile: We've been planning freshers week right now and have some really cool things in store (I'm Entertainment's Officer you see...)
I've just done my 1st year and have lived in Cripps last year. It's a lovely place to live (bit ugly from the outside) but definitley some of the nicest rooms in Cambridge!
Well done again
Laura
xxx
Reply 18
Hey I'm also James and am arriving 30th/1st.......................but for law:eek:

Congratulations to everyone that got in!
Lau200
Hey guys,
I'm on the JCR too...hi TOM! It's Laura! didn't realise you were on here. You are going to be so glad you have chosen Johns :smile: We've been planning freshers week right now and have some really cool things in store (I'm Entertainment's Officer you see...)
I've just done my 1st year and have lived in Cripps last year. It's a lovely place to live (bit ugly from the outside) but definitley some of the nicest rooms in Cambridge!
Well done again
Laura
xxx

Hey!
We are such good JCR members!!! Are you having a good summer?
Im off backpacking next week! Yay! I'll be cultured and hopefully browner for freshers week! Or freshers weeks* as the case may be :s-smilie:
x

Quick Reply

Latest