The Student Room Group

Which is better Naruto or bleach ?

I am thinking of watching these anime and I was wondering which one I should start with ? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moolightwisdom
I am thinking of watching these anime and I was wondering which one I should start with ? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Naruto Shippuden > Bleach > Naruto

Skip the fillers, please god skip the fillers. They're pretty bad in all three (exception, some of the filler arcs in shippuden are pretty good, the last one was actually better than some of the non-filler arcs imo). That said, overall Bleach is probably my favourite.
(edited 9 years ago)
I used to be a big anime fan, but I'm not anymore, but I watched both series a little bit
from my own personal experience, I was actually able to watch naruto consistently for roughly 2 seasons without getting very bored (yes - after a while it gets boring in my view)
but, as for bleach, even watching one season was a chore for me - nothing kept me interested at all
but that's just my opinion and you should make your own judgement
I wouldn't recommend either of these animes personally; "good" shonen/saga animes I've watched would be berserk, rurouni kenshin (most of it; after 2/3 of it, it goes to ****), yu yu hakusho, trigun and of course dragon ball z (if you haven't already watched it) but I'm not much of a shonen anime person, or at least I wasn't; one piece is very slightly better than bleach and naruto is (in my very subjective viewpoint) better than one piece although as I've heard one piece doesn't get as boring as naruto does.
if you haven't already seen "golden boy", "great teacher onizuka" or "cromartie high school" (all dubbed versions) those are my favourites as they are hilarious
(edited 9 years ago)
Naruto definitely.
Reply 4
You should start with a different anime in general. If it's any of the big three go for one piece.

Although I did love the beginning of Naruto and Bleach.
Naruto (not Shippuden) is the best. Bleach is good for about 60 episodes. But Naruto + Shippuden is like 500+ episodes which I personally find to be a chore to wade through so I switched to buying the manga.

As anime, I'd recommend Soul Eater or Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood over Naruto & Bleach. Both have 51 episodes and aren't ruined by filler episodes.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Naruto (not Shippuden) is the best. Bleach is good for about 60 episodes. But Naruto + Shippuden is like 500+ episodes which I personally find to be a chore to wade through so I switched to buying the manga.

As anime, I'd recommend Soul Eater or Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood over Naruto & Bleach. Both have 51 episodes and aren't ruined by filler episodes.

Technically a lot of Soul Eater is filler :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original Naruto is the best, Shippuuden was really good near the beginning but it just ends up dragging on too much.

I'm not fully up to date with Bleach so I can't say too much, but IMO it doesn't get really good until the Arrancar part (which is around ≈150 episodes in or something like that)
Wish I could say but I stopped watching cartoons when I stopped pissing the bed :s-smilie: Unless I'm keeping my 9 yr old sister company.
Naruto was my first anime and i still keep up with it. I'd say go for Naruto, it has lots of feels :biggrin: if you find the anime is taking too long then defo read the manga.

Bleach was pretty alright but i never got passed a certain point, i think i was more than 200 eps in but i couldn't be bothered anymore.
I'm an anime lover and having watched Naruto , Naruto Shippuden and Bleach you can trust my opinion. I also read the mangas and I'm fully updated about the story lines of both Naruto Shippuden and Bleach.

First up, If you didn't know already , Naruto has ended ,Naruto Shippuden episodes are still being produced with the manga leading at least a year ahead of the anime and Bleach has ended at episode 366 with no details on further production of the anime, but the manga is still being produced leading the anime at least a year ahead.

And this is my honest opinion , The Story line in the manga of both Bleach and Naruto Shippuden is extremely good with Bleach going full speed and intense from the beginning.

The Sound Tracks of both bleach and N SHP is awesome as well.

So my suggestion will be to watch bleach first, so that when you finish bleach you will have some more N Shp episodes to watch since it's in production and when you finish Naruto and N SHP , hopefully, bleach would begin again.

Please keep in mind the early episodes of Naruto ( not N SHP ) and bleach were produced in the early 2000's (2002 i think) so it's more than 10 years old and don't expect the quality and screenplay to be too good. But obviously the story line and Sound track will be awesome.

If you are starting to watch bleach, be a little patient till you reach episodes 40's and 50's . After that, you are in for one hell of a ride (excluding the fillers )

Naruto is good and I found it to be motivational and funny. So watch it before N SHP.

N SHP is clearly on another level when compared to Naruto. It is awesome and picks up speed from the first episode. Don't exclude some fillers since it shows some connections and you will know what to skip.

Hope my inputs helps you buddy :biggrin:
Original post by TheFOMaster
Technically a lot of Soul Eater is filler :rolleyes:

I said Soul Eater isn't ruined by filler episodes; I didn't say there aren't any. There can be good filler episodes. :rolleyes:
do not knopw
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
I've watched both and think Naruto is the better of the two. Bleach is amazing, but Naruto's even better.
Naruto and Naruto Shitpoodam is nothing but a garbage, and Bleach is just amazing.

Quick Reply

Latest