The Student Room Group

Best options for Fashion Management/Marketing

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know what are, in your opinion, the best options for someone who wants to pursue a career in these fields. By talking with some acquaintances, it looks like that Westminster, Notthingam Trent, De Montford, Epsom and MMU are the most reasonable options. Almost everyone told me to avoid UAL like the pest.

Moreover, I have two specific requirements:

The quality of the placement during the sandwich year (if available): obviously an internship with Burberry or D&G would be far more appreciated than one with Primark.

No portfolio contraints: unfortunately my drawing skills are extremely...terrible, so that could be a potential obstacle, even if I've seen that universities usually don't require a portfolio if there's no prior artistic experience at high school level and if the degree is not strictly design-related. I would be comfortable with things like a catalogue with my fashion benchmarks, or a shop report (extremely confident with the latter actually, as I have access to a top-tier menswear boutique and I could draw something interesting together) but no more than that.

Thank you in advance,

G.

Quick Reply

Latest