The Student Room Group

Your driving lesson progress?

I've had my first 2 hour lesson, went on side streets and B-roads and went up to 3rd gear... just wondering, when did you guys get to 4th, go on a dual carriageway, started reversing etc??
Reply 1
Original post by TheSmartOne
I've had my first 2 hour lesson, went on side streets and B-roads and went up to 3rd gear... just wondering, when did you guys get to 4th, go on a dual carriageway, started reversing etc??

I had a pretty similar first lesson to you. When it got to my 3rd/4th/5th lessons I kinda just hit everything at once 5th gear/roundabouts/dual carrige ways/traffic ect so that everything was done by the 5th. However I've had about 11 lessons (20hrs) now and am still doing the same things I was in 5th lesson, I've only reversed like 10 times and only did my first manoeuvre last lesson which I think is quite unusual and slow:/ but everyone does it differently!
In my first lesson we spent ages just sitting in the car and my instructor explained all the controls and practised changing between gears. Then i did some setting off and stopping and by the end i'd just been driving through an estate up to 3rd gear. I think i did junctions and roundabouts in my 2nd lesson.

Quick Reply