The Student Room Group

WJEC CH2 June 2014 Thread?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Also, I agree that the last question was hard, I'm so happy they gave bullet points to guide us through though! I got C3H5Br as a Z isomer

So i had the two Hyrdogens at the top and the methyl and Br at the bottom to make it the Z isomer
how many marks do you think i will get if i did everything else correct on the first question, apart from the diagram as a stupidly put too many hydrogens on in a rush? :frown:
Original post by Billabong97
Isn't it C3H5Br if it's an alkene? That's what I got!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Opps yes sorry C3H5Br is what i got just mistyped :wink:
Hated that paper guys:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've failed it, I'm sure. I'm so disappointed with myself. It was a complete disaster.
Reply 25
How did you get a propene compound when you've stated that you found 2? Or is that just a typo?
Original post by Peggla
How did you get a propene compound when you've stated that you found 2? Or is that just a typo?

Yeah just a typo, did mean 3 :smile: (C3H5Br)
Reply 27
Just remembered one of the questions on the paper, where youbhad to select the compounds with angles less than 109 degrees. What did you guys put down? I wrote down C and E. I hope I get at least that right.
I messed that one up! I read it as angles with 109 degrees so I went for the tetrahedral ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
I literally spent about 10 minutes trying to work out how to balance the stupid Fe2O3 equation, its sad that i still can't understand GCSE stuff!! i've never been able to balance equations!
Original post by Vortexlife
Just remembered one of the questions on the paper, where youbhad to select the compounds with angles less than 109 degrees. What did you guys put down? I wrote down C and E. I hope I get at least that right.

Same. I also got c and e
What did everyone get for the mass and volume calculation? I got 7.2 for volume and 1554 (something like that) for the mass?
Original post by Sh4hid96
What did everyone get for the mass and volume calculation? I got 7.2 for volume and 1554 (something like that) for the mass?

Yeah for the mass one I got 15. something Kg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 3mma_gal96
Yeah for the mass one I got 15. something Kg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think I forgot to convert back to kg. do you think I should still get the 2 marks for method marks?
Original post by Vortexlife

C and E ring a bell for me, Im pretty sure I said NH3 (2 lone pairs) and SF6 (much less than 109) :smile:
Yeah I think I forgot to convert back to kg. do you think I should still get the 2 marks for method marks?

I'm not even sure if you were meant to put it into grams, wouldn't be surprised if I'm the one who got it wrong, but either way you'd get 2 out of the 3 marks for method/calculations and just lose the last mark for the final answer, I should think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 3mma_gal96
I'm not even sure if you were meant to put it into grams, wouldn't be surprised if I'm the one who got it wrong, but either way you'd get 2 out of the 3 marks for method/calculations and just lose the last mark for the final answer, I should think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's okay then! Any marks is better than none! Overall how did the paper go for you? I feel I did better than I done in the ch1 exam. Made the odd mistake here and there but didn't go that bad.
That's okay then! Any marks is better than none! Overall how did the paper go for you? I feel I did better than I done in the ch1 exam. Made the odd mistake here and there but didn't go that bad.

Yeah exactly! Thought it went really really badly and ch1 didn't go great either :'((((

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sara151197
I literally spent about 10 minutes trying to work out how to balance the stupid Fe2O3 equation, its sad that i still can't understand GCSE stuff!! i've never been able to balance equations!

Omg don't worry I couldn't do that either it was a bloody nightmare XD but other people couldn't do it either ... literally screwed up both chem exams ahhhhhh all I want is a B :'( but tbh I would be happy with a C the way the exams have gone ...
Original post by WarNeverChanges
I actually found the paper really nice except for question 2 which i really didn't get, I was resitting and forgot all about the different test stuff -.- But the rest was good, I thought anyway xD Last quest I got (Z)-1-Bromo, prop-1ene (C2H5Br) but wasn't too sure was running out of time a bit.. xD

also pretty sure i got 60,000dm3 for the gas one something crazy xD

I put 60000 first but then I thought 1dm3 is equal to 1Kg:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending