The Student Room Group

AQA Unit 3B - Ideologies (A2)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S-e-Jones
I did education and ethnicity and gender. My education answer is pretty much the same content as yours but also added a little about their future plans and current directions. What did you write for the definition of meritocracy?

Meritocaracy-neo liberal idea that those with merit should rule.In terms of education the students who work the hardest should get into unis.Said that this was the idea behind the 1944 Education Act (11+ test which will decide where will you go/grammar/technical/secondary school). I than said that meritocracy is controversial,as it is not clear whether exams test your intellegence,or your previos education,and again mentioned the 11+ test,which was really aimed at children from reacher families.

Did not find any trace of actual ideologies in the exam.
Original post by ramitamimi
Meritocaracy-neo liberal idea that those with merit should rule.In terms of education the students who work the hardest should get into unis.Said that this was the idea behind the 1944 Education Act (11+ test which will decide where will you go/grammar/technical/secondary school). I than said that meritocracy is controversial,as it is not clear whether exams test your intellegence,or your previos education,and again mentioned the 11+ test,which was really aimed at children from reacher families.

Did not find any trace of actual ideologies in the exam.

Again, same! This is good news. Yeah, with ethnicity and gender I just gave the different definitions for patriarchy/attitudes/solutions according to feminist ideology, that was the only ideological factor I found. So, completely agree with your observation of there being no trace of actual ideologies.
Fingers crossed I get an A to get into uni - good luck!
Yeah,at least politics is over for us,wish you good luck too!
What did everyone write for the ethnicity and gender 30 marker? Feel i misinterpreted it a bit, completely caught me off guardD:
Reply 164
Hey all,
I am in DESPEARTE need for the 2014 exam questions on 4b/3b - mainly conservatism and fascism/feminism and economy
It would be much appreciated if someone could share the questions if they knew them
Many thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending