The Student Room Group

Good concealers.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sophieleannexo
Thank you :smile: x

No Problem!:smile:
For blemishes a cheap one like Lasting Perfection is fine.

The best thing for under eye circles is to apply a corrector first which evens out the colour and then blend it in with a concealer. I use a Bobbie Brown one which is a bit pricey but I believe you can get some cheaper ones
Original post by tillytots
For blemishes a cheap one like Lasting Perfection is fine.

The best thing for under eye circles is to apply a corrector first which evens out the colour and then blend it in with a concealer. I use a Bobbie Brown one which is a bit pricey but I believe you can get some cheaper ones

What kind of corrector? And hmm...what cheaper ones do you recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Although my favourite highlighters and concealers are expensive, they are well worth the money and do last for ages!

Concealer- Boing by Benefit £16.50 It isn't too expensive compared to a lot of benefit products and it's also an industrial concealer so the coverage is ace! I would also suggest Bare Minerals as its just one powder for concealer/ foundation for £25 you just have to use different brushes for different coverage.

Bourjois do good concealers, the healthy mix one is about £8 and is very good. BB cream concealer from L'oreal is good, and helps to keep your skin in good condition.

Highlighter- I've used so many highlighters and the only one I have ever found any good is Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. It's £25 again (quite expensive) but well worth the money.

The Body Shop radiant is okay but definitely not as good. However, it is half the price of the YSL one at only £12.

Hope this helps! xx
Collection lasting perfection - great coverage!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Collection lasting perfection, its amazing and only about £4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Hey if your looking for a really cheap concealer just to get the feel of it as your starting out with make up then I've never tried it but go to Superdrug and pick up the MUA concealers for just £1 there are quite good reviews on it...MUA is a really good cheap brand most of it's makeup is £1 and great quality I buy loads from them. Also is Superdrug there's a new brand called Makeup revolution again similar to MUA they sell £1 makeup too and some of their makeup is really good quality I've never tried their face products but check it out by just going to the Superdrug website and typing in those brands or popping into the store :smile:
Hi all, I travelled 13 miles and I chose the collection concealer and a brightening concealer. Can't remember who it was by. I also got MUA's concealer palette.
Reply 28
Hi all, I travelled 13 miles and I chose the collection concealer and a brightening concealer. Can't remember who it was by. I also got MUA's concealer palette.

Is the concealer palette good? Oh and you should have just ordered it online off superdrug- free delivery over £10
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tcool
Is the concealer palette good? Oh and you should have just ordered it online off superdrug- free delivery over £10

I dont know yet. I haven't tried it. And ah well!
So I'm not sure if these are in your price range but I've recently done a post on my top 5 concealers: http://daisydabbles.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/concealers-review-my-top-five.html if you're looking for something cheaper try collection 2000 one - it's a cult classic!

I know some people have said they love the Soap and Glory Kick Ass concealer but genuinely for the price you might as well save up a weenie bit more and splash out on a really good one. It's really heavy and thick and not in a good way... (that was my experience anyway!)

Hope that helps,

Daisy xxx
Reply 31
no concealer srs
Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer is amazing for blemishes and redness and the maybelline eraser for under eyes is great for underneath the eyes! I'm a beauty blogger/YouTuber too.. You can check out my channel here: www.youtube.com/jdrmakeup 😊 Hope I helped! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by Jess1995x
Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer is amazing for blemishes and redness and the maybelline eraser for under eyes is great for underneath the eyes! I'm a beauty blogger/YouTuber too.. You can check out my channel here: www.youtube.com/jdrmakeup ������ Hope I helped! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

They changed the packaging on the Collection concealer, do you know if they've changed the formula?
Original post by Tcool
They changed the packaging on the Collection concealer, do you know if they've changed the formula?

Nope they haven't, they only changed the packaging because of their rebrand!
Reply 35
Original post by simplylldxo
Nope they haven't, they only changed the packaging because of their rebrand!

Oh that makes sense tanx :smile: Oh and btw great beauty channel!
Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer is amazing for blemishes and redness and the maybelline eraser for under eyes is great for underneath the eyes! I'm a beauty blogger/YouTuber too.. You can check out my channel here: www.youtube.com/jdrmakeup 😊 Hope I helped! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for this. I bought the collection concealer and I don't think it works as well as people say...
Thanks for this. I bought the collection concealer and I don't think it works as well as people say...

It is one of the best concealers out there and I don't know anyone that doesn't like it... But each to their own..
It is one of the best concealers out there and I don't know anyone that doesn't like it... But each to their own..

It doesn't cover up my freckles at all is all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It doesn't cover up my freckles at all is all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not really meant for that because of its colour. You're better off getting a heavier powder and foundation

Quick Reply

Latest