The Student Room Group

Good concealers.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tillytots
It's not really meant for that because of its colour. You're better off getting a heavier powder and foundation

What kind of heavier powder and foundation?
Original post by sophieleannexo
It doesn't cover up my freckles at all is all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Concealer is used to cover up blemishes that a foundation wouldn't cover. Use a good coverage foundation if you want to cover up your freckles and then use the concealer over the top. If you layer concealer then it will cover up freckles if you're using the right brushes. Have a look on YouTube, there is many amazing beauty channels and you will find tons of reviews and videos about the best foundations to use. Have a look at Tanya Burr's channel and her makeup videos.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jess1995x
Concealer is used to cover up blemishes that a foundation wouldn't cover. Use a good coverage foundation if you want to cover up your freckles and then use the concealer over the top. If you layer concealer then it will cover up freckles if you're using the right brushes. Have a look on YouTube, there is many amazing beauty channels and you will find tons of reviews and videos about the best foundations to use. Have a look at Tanya Burr's channel and her makeup videos.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I've been watching your videos recently!
Thank you! I've been watching your videos recently!

Ah that's lovely to hear thank you! :smile: Just watch youtube videos and you'll be a makeup genius in no time!! :wink:
Ah that's lovely to hear thank you! :smile: Just watch youtube videos and you'll be a makeup genius in no time!! :wink:

What kind of foundation could I use to cover up freckles and a birthmark?
I have the rimmel foundation. I like it but I want more coverage.
What kind of foundation could I use to cover up freckles and a birthmark?

Revlon Colourstay is a great foundation for good coverage and it also has great lasting power and a good shade range. Also if you really want something covering then the Dermalogica Foundation is amazing, you can get it online at boots or at selected stores and it's a little more expensive than a regular drugstore foundation but if you really want something covering then it is the best! I'd try revlon colour stay first though!
Collection is rubbish.

Mac prolong wear is good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Revlon Colourstay is a great foundation for good coverage and it also has great lasting power and a good shade range. Also if you really want something covering then the Dermalogica Foundation is amazing, you can get it online at boots or at selected stores and it's a little more expensive than a regular drugstore foundation but if you really want something covering then it is the best! I'd try revlon colour stay first though!

Thanks!
Apologies! It's the Rimmel match perfection.
Original post by Eradicating
Collection is rubbish.

Mac prolong wear is good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't afford Mac!
I can't afford Mac!

Then, maybelline bb cream! It conceals and can be used as a lighter base.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
I can't afford Mac!

Think of it this way, your buying all these concealers which you don't like and probs wont use which adds up to the price of mac and other good concealers so it's worth it in the long run. I've never invested in expensive make up so I've no room to talk but clearly you do want a good concealer so that's my advice :smile:
I can't afford Mac!

L'oreal dream satin liquid or something like that.

Don't use a brush, there's an amazing sponge, the beauty blender, but it's like £20, get the real technique sponge or something like that, it's a dupe and it's perfect at like £5

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eradicating
Then, maybelline bb cream! It conceals and can be used as a lighter base.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you.
Original post by Tcool
Think of it this way, your buying all these concealers which you don't like and probs wont use which adds up to the price of mac and other good concealers so it's worth it in the long run. I've never invested in expensive make up so I've no room to talk but clearly you do want a good concealer so that's my advice :smile:

Thank you. I have a good under eye one. But want something to cover up my freckles.
Reply 56
Thank you. I have a good under eye one. But want something to cover up my freckles.

Why? I would love freckles!!
My fingers and then a brush.
A good one is Clinique as it covers freckles well so should work fab on redness as well x
Can anyone recommend any good concealers? Don't really understand why I need two but I need one for my under eyes and one to cover up redness near the bottom of my face.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a Soap and Glory Kick Ass concealer for a while, little palette for blemishes and another for eyes. I was happy enough with it, not sure I would have paid the full price for it as it was pretty small! (Fun fact: the lady at the checkout in Boots was a bit silly when I tried to pay for it so I ended up getting it for free! I think its £10-£12 normally)

Quick Reply

Latest