The Student Room Group

I've done badly in my exams, other options?

I've only got one exam left to do but for the ones I have done I can predict I'll get Chemistry- U (definitely) I didn't do much/any revision :/
Maths - A/B (more likely a B), Biology - B and French B/C

I was hoping to apply for dentistry but obviously without chemistry there's no chance, are there any foundation degrees to do dentistry or any biomedical related degrees?

If I continue with the other 3 alevels what could I study at uni? I really want to do something in the biomedical/biology field (if dentistry is no longer an option).
Reply 1
There is no foundation degree for dentistry (I've checked) but biomed is the next option i guess, you can apply to biomed then change courses in your first year or complete the degree and do a post grad degree in dentistry

If you carry on studying the three A levels and have a U in chemistry, it doesn't look all to great to uni's if you are applying to science related degree so would you consider doing a maths based one?

But i got into my degree with a U in Maths A2 so there is always a chance! just have to nail that interview and personal statement
Reply 2
Original post by tbt95
There is no foundation degree for dentistry (I've checked) but biomed is the next option i guess, you can apply to biomed then change courses in your first year or complete the degree and do a post grad degree in dentistry

If you carry on studying the three A levels and have a U in chemistry, it doesn't look all to great to uni's if you are applying to science related degree so would you consider doing a maths based one?

But i got into my degree with a U in Maths A2 so there is always a chance! just have to nail that interview and personal statement

Thanks, I don't really want to do Maths haha. but what degree did you get into? (Probably something really off topic).
Reply 3
Original post by M.revision
Thanks, I don't really want to do Maths haha. but what degree did you get into? (Probably something really off topic).

Haha its fine noone really likes maths :P but im doing primary education and im seriously loving it!

Quick Reply

Latest