The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor Accommodation Choices & Chat Megathread

This is the new Bangor accommodation megathread, where you can chat about which halls to pick :awesome:

(the old thread which can be found here)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, everyone! I'm just interested if there's anyone applying to accommodation on the Normal site. As I see everyone wants the new halls, but I hope I'm not the onlyone who would prefer the Normal Site. :frown::wink:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi yes I am! Glad to see I'm not the only one haha!
Reply 3
Original post by philippad
Hi yes I am! Glad to see I'm not the only one haha!

Finally!:biggrin: i already imagined myself living alone at normal site and having imaginary friends.
Reply 4
haha, well at least there'll be two of us..! What are you hoping to study? :smile:
Reply 5
haha, well at least there'll be two of us..! What are you hoping to study? :smile:

It's going to be fun:biggrin: psychology with clinical and health psychology but i have an unconditional offer:wink: what about you?
Reply 6
I know I'm so excited! Ooh sounds good :biggrin: I'm doing history and I've got an unconditional too!
Reply 7
I know I'm so excited! Ooh sounds good :biggrin: I'm doing history and I've got an unconditional too!

High5!!!:biggrin: History sounds cool too:biggrin: so i guess you're taking a gap year too:biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by EszterS
High5!!!:biggrin: History sounds cool too:biggrin: so i guess you're taking a gap year too:biggrin:

Thanks! :biggrin: Yeh I am, just been working to save up for uni really haha! What have you been doing on yours?
Reply 9
Thanks! :biggrin: Yeh I am, just been working to save up for uni really haha! What have you been doing on yours?

Same:biggrin: i wanted to get away from school and then i got a note taking job...:biggrin: but now i'm in the state when i got enough of my gap year and i want to go to university..:biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by EszterS
Same:biggrin: i wanted to get away from school and then i got a note taking job...:biggrin: but now i'm in the state when i got enough of my gap year and i want to go to university..:biggrin:

Yes it's exactly the same with me!! Couldn't wait to finish school but now I'm so bored haha! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Yes it's exactly the same with me!! Couldn't wait to finish school but now I'm so bored haha! :biggrin:

Many people in their gap years go travelling and they try out fun things and then there are the idiots who just want money for uni and they are bored as hell:biggrin: Did you apply to other universities?
Reply 12
Original post by EszterS
Many people in their gap years go travelling and they try out fun things and then there are the idiots who just want money for uni and they are bored as hell:biggrin: Did you apply to other universities?

Haha yes precisely..! :tongue: Yeh, I applied to Hull, Northampton, Derby and Chester! I visited them all and Bangor was so much better in comparison! I'm going to an open day on 29th march to properly look at Bangor though! What about you?:smile:
Reply 13
Haha yes precisely..! :tongue: Yeh, I applied to Hull, Northampton, Derby and Chester! I visited them all and Bangor was so much better in comparison! I'm going to an open day on 29th march to properly look at Bangor though! What about you?:smile:

Coventry, Heriot-Watt and Chester:biggrin: (i applied to 2 courses in Bangor) What did you think of Chester?:biggrin: When i was there, there was aome homosexual and whatever parade in the city:biggrin: it was interesting:biggrin: I've been to Bangor on one open day and i live 4 hours away so i won't go to another one.
Reply 14
Original post by EszterS
Coventry, Heriot-Watt and Chester:biggrin: (i applied to 2 courses in Bangor) What did you think of Chester?:biggrin: When i was there, there was aome homosexual and whatever parade in the city:biggrin: it was interesting:biggrin: I've been to Bangor on one open day and i live 4 hours away so i won't go to another one.

Ah, one of my friends goes to Heriot Watt! I didn't go to properly see Chester uni as I couldn't attend any of the open days but I thought the city itself was really nice, especially the centre! But I prefer the countryside over big cities to be honest, so Bangor is perfect! Ooh really, it was pretty quiet when I went! :biggrin: oh right, what was the open day like? :smile:
Reply 15
Ah, one of my friends goes to Heriot Watt! I didn't go to properly see Chester uni as I couldn't attend any of the open days but I thought the city itself was really nice, especially the centre! But I prefer the countryside over big cities to be honest, so Bangor is perfect! Ooh really, it was pretty quiet when I went! :biggrin: oh right, what was the open day like? :smile:

For me, Chester uni was really small:biggrin: Bangor open day was nice, but i was a bit late because i missed one of my trains:biggrin: and it was really windy that day:biggrin: so i probably saw more of the pub we went to with my dad than the uni but it seemed like a good place to study at:smile: I usually go and see the library:biggrin: because that's one of the most important things for me:biggrin: and Bangor has cool libraries.
Reply 16
Original post by EszterS
For me, Chester uni was really small:biggrin: Bangor open day was nice, but i was a bit late because i missed one of my trains:biggrin: and it was really windy that day:biggrin: so i probably saw more of the pub we went to with my dad than the uni but it seemed like a good place to study at:smile: I usually go and see the library:biggrin: because that's one of the most important things for me:biggrin: and Bangor has cool libraries.

Oh dear! Haha well that can't have been too bad then! Yeh, when I went before I only looked round the outside of the university and the town itself. Ah that's good then, I can imagine those libraries will become very familiar haha! :biggrin: did you look round the normal site halls then when you visited?
Reply 17
I'd be the third one who wants to live in the Normal site :giggle:. Happy to know I'm not alone :five: Same as you two, I've also got an unconditional offer. I couldn't visit the accommodation sites till 17 Sep because I'm currently live in HK (I come from HK).. I could only view the photos of Bangor on ig/Google Map :sad:
Reply 18
Original post by chanelly
I'd be the third one who wants to live in the Normal site :giggle:. Happy to know I'm not alone :five: Same as you two, I've also got an unconditional offer. I couldn't visit the accommodation sites till 17 Sep because I'm currently live in HK (I come from HK).. I could only view the photos of Bangor on ig/Google Map :sad:

Yay there's 3 of us haha! :biggrin: what are you going to be studying? Yeh I haven't seen the site for myself either yet, so it'll be interesting when I do. Is that Hong Kong then? :smile:
Reply 19
Yay there's 3 of us haha! :biggrin: what are you going to be studying? Yeh I haven't seen the site for myself either yet, so it'll be interesting when I do. Is that Hong Kong then? :smile:

it's Hong Kong exactly:yep: I'll be studying Music (BMus) :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest